Search results

1. 7

Making Bacon

Would someone be so kind as to share the brine recipe youve used, maybe guys brine? Ive tried and tried, and its always too salty.
  2. 7

2021 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Hi all, I really want to get my 3 y/o son to catch his first fish. it doesnt look like there is any pink salmon on the water front or oak bay...is that correct? Was hoping to avoid having to run all the way to sooke if i can. 777
  3. 7

WTB; 40 ft of chain 200 ft 3/8 anchor rode

I need to either add to or replace my halibut rig. Anyone have some chain or rode for sale? If not someone looking to downsize pro built halibut rig?
  4. 7

3 x marinco pantograph wiper arms

Open to shipping and offers.
  5. 7

Shipping negotiable though!
  6. 7

Lowrance Blue plug transducer

It says SPY-BL and has a black plug on one end and blue on the other. Maybe it's a speed and temp sensor cable?
  7. 7

Lowrance Blue plug transducer

I bought it second hand as "like new" . I only tested it, never installed. Also have another cable with blue plug i believe it is SPY-BL. Asking $100
  8. 7

17-22", new never installed. 2 in box, 1 not in box. $200 for the set. Not wanting to split at the moment.
  9. 7

Rochester 2 barrel carb

Brand new professional rebuild (Canadian Carbs) cost like $250. With a mounting plate for 350 chev small block intake.. Such as the AQ260. Have receipt. Asking $200 obo.
  10. 7

hardy vs nootka

wow, thanks guys. A lot to mull over here. We also need to figure out a trailer spot, which Nootka seems challenging for at this 'late' time. really appreciate it, and please keep them coming!
  11. 7

hardy vs nootka

Hi all, had been planning my first central coast trip this summer with a few friends. Idea HAD been to have 2 guys stay on the somewhat bare bones 27 ft tin boat, twin 175's, 2 guys go ashore in a tent. I think we're now deciding to scale back, go north of gold river WCVI, possibly with my...
  12. 7

ram mounts

do you still have 2.25" available? Sending you a pm.
  13. 7

Central coast lodges

Thanks for the info. For what it's worth i worked in logging camps all over out there as a young man. Lot's of bear encounters, but didnt know anyone that got attacked. a colleague was climbing an almost cliff, poked his head through the bush and was inside of 2 feet of the nose of a sow...
  14. 7

Central coast lodges

sweet, thank you! still looking for accommodation, though
  15. 7

Central coast lodges

I'm all ears if you guys have suggestions on beaches, hot springs, hikes, and must-see's.
  16. 7

Central coast lodges

Thanks guys, some really good info. The boat is decent size (lifetime 2700), but not kitted out for 4 plutonic friends to spend a week. I'm really interested in doing a bunch of exploring and some fishing. I found a cabin in Shearwater that looks like a good option. It's a bit of an eye...
  17. 7

Central coast lodges

Hey looking at bringing our boat to the hakai pass area. Going to be 50/50 fishing and general poking around. Calvert island area is of interest. What options are there? 2 or 4 platonic friends.
  18. 7

Best trolling rod blank

Hi All, My father in law (actually grandfather in law) is running out of fly rod projects, and might be willing to build me a trolling rod. What are your favorite blanks for trolling rods? Brand, specs and what you like about them would be appreciated. My daily rods are the cork handled...
  19. 7

Bad Fuel From North Saanich Marina?

I filled up there before christmas and have had to empty my Racor's 2 or 3 times since (probably burned 250 l of fuel since). I must admit I was a bad boy and only had my tank 1/4 full all fall, with no use, so I'm not sure that's of any benefit to your cause. 777
Back