Search results

1. Westcap19

2016 Victoria waterfront and Oak Bay

FYI the Esquimalt Anglers annual membership rate for operators (launch/parking privileges for the calendar year) will be $60 for the 2017 year. Still ten dollars for a day launch--and other membership rates stay the same. Memberships available now, either by purchasing at the shack most...
  2. Westcap19

Oct. 1 Coho regs

SV I was not referring to area 20 earlier only Victoria...saw earlier posts inferring 4 coho in area 19--not the case as you know. All of area 20 except San Juan Bay now 3 marked and 1 unmarked. San Juan inside is 2 and 2 since Sept 5
  3. Westcap19

Oct. 1 Coho regs

I just got off the phone with Pat at DFO office. I believe gone fishin was asking about..." wild Coho retention in the Victoria to Sheringham fishery" Effective Oct 1 in the Victoria area one marked coho and one unmarked coho. As per FN0989 Sept 4.
  4. Westcap19

What is this part called?

.....and don't buy just one:cool:
  5. Westcap19

Cattle Point Launch Dock?

....funniest thing I saw there was years ago--a guy in a small boat must have come in late the night before and tied up to the south ramp for the night. And of course was left high and dry the next morning when everyone showed up to launch for the day. The guy was still sleeping it off in his...
  6. Westcap19

Chinook or Coho?

Yes, caught one just like it off the beach at Renfrew a few weeks back. I netted it without giving it a second thought as it was the size, shape and fight of a Chinook. Then I glanced at the tail in the net and said wooahhh a coho?? Coho shape tail with faint spots along the upper and lower...
  7. Westcap19

Attaching spreader bar to main line.

I use a bigger coastlock snap/sampo bearing and palomar
  8. Westcap19

Daily vs Trip Limits

The new interpretation only allows you to transport a single possession limit regardless of how many licensed anglers caught the fish. To use a simple example it could be comprised of--4 spring, two halibut 4 other salmon of other species etc. etc. You need an authorization letter from the...
  9. Westcap19

Daily vs Trip Limits

DFO changed the transport of fish rule last year through FN0478. A person can still legally transport another's catch but ONLY if the total number of fish being transported by the other person is equal-to or less-than a single possession limit AND if the person transporting the fish is...
  10. Westcap19

Marine Insurance Query

Yes, I'll second the Pacific Marine coverage through Coastal Community Insurance. The agreed value is a very straightforward process. Been with them since i bought the boat new in 2008.
  11. Westcap19

Radar Reflector

Clint, the information is located in the Transport Canada Collision Regulations. In my 2000 paper version it's listed as "Rule 40 Radar Reflectors". Here is the link to the online version: http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/C.R.C.,_c._1416/FullText.html The specifications...
  12. Westcap19

Keeping plastic/vinyl windows clean

Novus Plastic Polish--got mine at Industrial Plastics & Paint....works well
  13. Westcap19

Area 19 Chinook reg's

GDW...yep thanks!! Got it--it was amended the same day by FN0486. June 14 to July 18, 2014 management actions: Effective 00:01 hours Saturday, June 14 until 23:59 hours Friday, July 18, 2014 in Subareas 19-1 to 19-4 and Subarea 20-5 (those waters near Victoria between Cadboro Pt to...
  14. Westcap19

Area 19 Chinook reg's

Here is what the 2014 regs said last year via FN476. I didn't see any reference to one over/under?? I interpret FN476 as either 2 chinook/daily limit wild or hatch 45-85 cm or hatch only over 85?? Probably be the same for 2015? June 14 to July 18, 2014 management actions: Effective 00:01 hrs...
  15. Westcap19

Espar Diesel Heater

I burn kerosene and it does not discolour in the OEM fuel container--the fuel line is small diameter (OD maybe 1/8 or 3/16ths) clear semi-rigid tubing that is a straight run from the goldstone filter through a hole on the screwcap on the container up to the pump. Same tubing runs from the pump...
  16. Westcap19

Espar Diesel Heater

Had the D2 for several years now. Burns Kerosene from a 1 gallon plastic jug-espar part I believe--sometimes you can get the 20 litre size from Can Tire. One vent on dash and one lower in front of legs--both adjustable...works great with the digital thermostat. Once its maintaining the temp...
  17. Westcap19

Esquimalt Angers Now Selling Salt Ice

Saskman, salt in ice keeps it cooler for longer periods of time, and because it's flake ice, it's easier on your fish in the cooler. It's the best ice for fish and meat (and for keeping your beer cold!).
  18. Westcap19

Esquimalt Anglers Now Selling Salt Ice

FYI we have 10 kg bags of salt ice at the shack. Ten bucks a bag taxes included.
  19. Westcap19

Esquimalt Angers Now Selling Salt Ice

Esquimalt Anglers Now Selling Salt Ice FYI we have 10 kg bags of salt ice at the shack. Ten bucks a bag taxes included.
  20. Westcap19

Ramp Etiquette - what would you do?

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent>...
Back