Search results

1. R

Minister's decision on SFAB Chinook announced

Sad truth is that almost everyone I know saw this coming It’s no suprise It follows the Trudeau governments reconciliation policies... we all know where this is headed Civil unrest is about the only option left and probably would get the job done Rec fisherman /tourism / simply tax payer...
  2. R

NOW SOLD

pm sent I will take it
  3. R

DFO 2020 Halibut Fishery Announcement & Regs

Staggering lack of halibut landed in Alaska The market just isn’t there and a lot of those guys fish Bristol day in the summer months. The Cdn fleet has done surprising good considering the poor market conditions. It will be interesting to see with the delay in the prawn opening how this affects...
  4. R

Trailer insurance question

Buddy of mine has a boat trailer that has never been insured I’m sure No paperwork anyhow Is there a legal way he can move the trailer from point A to B?
  5. R

Fishing and Hunting COVID-19 Updates - Province of British Columbia

Ok So let me get this straight... I’m just being the devils advocate here but let’s just back up a minute you can still take an Uber or taxi And you can still board a plane domestically You can still build houses. I’m sure I’m missing a ton that this is all based on social distancing. Right or...
  6. R

FISHERIES AND OCEANS CANADA ECONOMIC IMPACT SURVEY

Be careful It’s great to put the info in but when it gets to the area I think it absolutely a mess when they put Area 11 in the Johnston strait area 4 Absolutely ridiculous Another epic fail by whoever this is designed by
  7. R

Implementing New Management Measures for the Recreational Harvest of Shrimps and Prawns Combined in

Another non science based decision by DFO Well Can’t say I’m surprised as again we voted for reconciliation as a top priority Absolutely ridiculous
  8. R

IPHC Halibut Forecast - further declines

Seems like a real sound idea to explore
  9. R

IPHC Halibut Forecast - further declines

just an example of how flawed the process is I was just at the central coast meetings and some of the coastal data was exposed for us to simple have a look at As Wade has said our area....which is mostly areas 11/12....some shocking data was exposed with relation to halibut landings. Area 12...
  10. R

Listen to Jason Tonelli on CKNW Jill Bennett Show September 8th

Well The fact is that you Must be uneducated on how this mostly works.... I don’t discard the fact Harper stripped a bunch of the inner realm of DFO but there was lots of data and science to support a full Chinook season in most southern waters. The reality is that this decision was political in...
  11. R

Listen to Jason Tonelli on CKNW Jill Bennett Show September 8th

Just finished listening Once again Jason was on point and well spoken. The reality is we have about a month to make this an election issue period.
  12. R

Halibut closing soon?

Before anyone bites my head off it’s probably just a rumour but I called this last April. The spectacular weather this year and the non retention of chinook created the perfect storm of halibut retention. The non retention of any early chinook will continue to be a major problem going further...
  13. R

So what are your plans for the 15th?

Absolutely correct Completely political
  14. R

Fisheries and Oceans Canada makes improvement to recreational fisheries reporting in B.C.

A Well that’s all fine and dandy but not a single fish from the stocks of concerned was ever caught in area 12 above Malcolm island. .i.e. area 12-16 etc That is hard data Lots of creel and logbook data...tons So not only is that area not allowed to be open It’s also only 1 retention as of...
  15. R

Trudeau Announcement

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/ottawacitizen.com/news/national/defence-watch/trudeau-to-make-canadian-coast-guard-announcement-wednesday/amp maybe make a presence down there today With some protest signs Trudeau and Wilkinson together might get them talking.....
  16. R

Chinook regulations...Economic Impact

Thought I would start this to get a bigger idea of what the impact will be with the regulations in place. My company had no choice but to not spend $60,000 plus on yearly upgrades and property development based simply on the decision and the 2020 uncertainties. Can’t spend any capital based on...
  17. R

Jonathan Wilkinson, let’s protect Fraser Chinook.

“This was a difficult set of decisions taken only after extensive consultations and a thorough review of the scientific evidence. The restrictions were mindful of what we had heard from recreational and commercial fisheries stakeholders” What a crock of **** Totally disgusting
Back