Search results

1. Gong Show

Desolation Sound for 10 days

I was up at Lagoon Cove two years ago with my family and dog for BC day long weekend. Just landed and headed ashore. Wife and two eldest kids go blackberry picking. I am at the rope swing with youngest. Was looking out at the docks, suddenly I turned around to see my six year old daughter five...
  2. Gong Show

Refitted 78 Searay 22 SRV Podded w/twin 2015 Mercury 115 -4 Strokes and 2021 Tuff EOH trailer

@Rayvon , when do you start work on the Commander? How is your Spanish guitar?
  3. Gong Show

Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

It has a dickenson for the cold mornings and aluminum for the sun. The biggest difference between glass and aluminum is that aluminum interiors really stay dry. Damp crap is cold crap. It has an outboard too, not my cup of tea, but much quieter than an inboard, supercharged, turbocharged...
  4. Gong Show

Colour me impressed. Dickenson and everything. Two more feet would be nice though.
  5. Gong Show

Finally

At least it is a small boat. Like like good tools for the job. You will be the pride of the TC fleet!
  6. Gong Show

Machined alum Scotty rigger spools

High speed DR fishing deep with big balls. Scotty drums can warp and/or crack. Not for everyone.
  7. Gong Show

Windlass questions..

Your want something that drains. Punch some holes in the bottom of a bucket. Really it's all about how you retrieve. Big messy coils need a wider target than a nice one arm length coil.
  8. Gong Show

Machined alum Scotty rigger spools

Picked up a couple of these at the boat show. Njord Gear. Made on VI. $200 cdn https://njordgear.com/product/bodhran-drum-bd/
  9. Gong Show

Windlass questions..

If you are running lots of chain, make up a rope snubber, eye slice in one end and chain hook on the other. Otherwise it is a noisy night as the chain creaks and groans over the roller. You can also lead it over a side cleat if conditions warrant.
  10. Gong Show

There are cliffs on one side. I have not seen the swing, could be painful landing on oyster shells.
  11. Gong Show

Starlink

There has been lots of talk on the sailing cruiser forums on starlink. Bottom line is that it is worth the price. Very few dark spots while crossing oceans.
  12. Gong Show

Curme Islands have oysters, tent pads and an outhouse.
  13. Gong Show

SCAM ARTIST. - “GREEN”

Ha! This guy Green sent me an email too about a reel. Thanks for posting this up, remind us all to be careful out there.
  14. Gong Show

Galiano Moorage?

My family has long roots in Galiano, government docks are not really public. Always full with a dose of attitude. I have had luck sweet talking to the Montague Marina, but just for a night or two. It's tough to be a regular Joe and trying to boat like a regular Joe at Galiano.
  15. Gong Show

Ocean Steelhead

Out of thousands of hours gillnetting, only caught one at Nitnat. Had a revival tank and in it went for a refresher and swam off vigorously. I caught more escaped Atlantic salmon than steelhead! And opposed to some of these earlier reports, commercial guys and gals know the difference between...
  16. Gong Show

2024 Campbell River Reports

I used to fish Twin regularly, but have found it to be not as productive the last 5 years or so. Lots of traps there even when it is closed.
  17. Gong Show

Electrolysis will do that. Or copper bottom paint. Nothing is perfect. Except my aluminum with Volvo I/O! 🥰🤣
  18. Gong Show

Hating on Alaskans?

I like to think that last year was good in part because the SE AK commie shutdown. But I have hated them for so long that my bias is clearly showing. They used to claim that since CDN and lower 48 fish were eating food in SE AK, that they could catch a portion of them to reimburse Alaska for...
  19. Gong Show

Hating on Alaskans?

We are not talking about AK recreational/sporties, we are talking SE AK commercial salmon fishermen.
  20. Gong Show

2024 Campbell River Reports

Quick trip out on the long weekend. Hit Lewis Channel on Sunday, did okay on the prawns, lots of squat lobster bycatch. Not a sniff on the few tacks we did for salmon. Sunday was the usual opening day prawnageddon around Surge. Good size and very few berried prawns. Also found some crab in the...
Back