Search results

1. H

2022 Sidney Reports

Wondering if there are any divers on here? Lost a rod and reel overboard by coal island valued at about 1100. In probably 30-60ft of water max. If anyone wants to help me out shoot me a dm.
  2. H

2022 Gulf Island Reports

Hey guys. I'm usually fishing out of sidney. Wondering if it's been any better up there? I usually fish south side of Pender around this time but with it being closed I feel like trying some new spots. I'm reading you guys are fishing active pass. Might be a bit too sloppy beyond that for my...
  3. H

2021 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Moutcha resort has diesel. They're doing guests only but I imagine not many guests are running diesel engines. They'll probably sell it
  4. H

2020 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Don't bother. Was out in sooke today 830-4. Nothing but shakers and wild coho. No chinook either. Fished otter the head and out deep.
  5. H

REEL WEST COAST CHANNEL

I beleive tv viewership is a thing of the past. More tv watching these days is news and sports. Other than that tv is being used more and more for streaming and video games. YouTube gathers millions of viewership worldwide. In any case I only posted this because I see their subs are only at...
  6. H

REEL WEST COAST CHANNEL

They won't keep creating if they dont gather a following and they've got some good stuff and I'd love to see more.
  7. H

REEL WEST COAST CHANNEL

I dont and have no affiliation with them. I just really enjoy watching oocal fishing videos and found them last year and am just blown away of the quality but lack of following.
  8. H

REEL WEST COAST CHANNEL

Hey guys. If you're itching for some sick local fishing videos. The former canuck Brendan Morrison hosts this channel called Reel West Coast on youtube. It features local fishing techniques, spots...etc. we need to get this channel more subs and get some more videos. Here is the link. Enjoy...
  9. H

2020 Sidney Reports

Man, Sidney is brutal for salmon fishing. Do they not try to revive gold stream salmon anymore? How long ago was it the nets wiped out the saanich inlet?
  10. H

2020 Sooke Reports

Cant find any new regs for sept 1....waiting to see before I enter the derby. Anyone find anything?
  11. H

2020 Salish Sea Salmon Challenge Fishing Derby - Sep. 5, 2020

Any news on regs for Sept 1st? I tried the regs and poked around their site but couldn't find anything
  12. H

2020 Sidney Reports

Still. They mainly just give me motivation to get out and fish hard. Honestly though. Having a hub for derbys on the island to advertise their competition is an idea that would be super beneficial for everyone.
  13. H

2020 Sidney Reports

Man I really wish there was an easy way to find out about derbies across the island. I live in sidney and had no idea there was a derby. Thats super disappointing.
  14. H

2020 Sooke Reports

What everyone needs to understand is that not one person fishes the same as the other. Different ways of tying knots, brining baits, trolling speeds etc. Not everyone will do things the same. But there is one thing that everyone can agree on. No one wants to lose their gear to a boat passing...
  15. H

2020 Sidney Reports

I was getting them last year out front of bedwell from the closed area trolling to tilly point along the contour lines and around the hump infront of Wallace point.
  16. H

2020 Pender Bluffs

Anyone fishing outside the sanctuary area having any luck? East of the bay or out in front??
  17. H

2020 Port Renfrew Reports

Is the renfrew marina holding the coho derby this year?? I can't seem to get them on the phone to ask.
  18. H

2020 Sooke Reports

Imagine using a digital scale for a derby. 1st day I weighed in a fish that was the exact same weight as the guy before me and another guy weighed in the same weight fish after me. Down to the exact ounce. Second day I weighed in an 80cm fish that weighed 14lbs and I said no way. Pulled it off...
  19. H

2020 Sooke Reports

How is the derby going to work? Biggest 80 cm fish??
Back