Search results

1. M

Replacement Mercruiser ECM?

Merc doesn't make an ECM for a 4.3 EFI V6 anymore. Any idea where I'd find one? Thanks
  2. M

Towing Capacity?

Towing max load is uncomfortable. The manufacturers don't provide much of a buffer here.
  3. M

Lets see some of your tomics

I recommend pulling the pin and running tandem 4/0 octopus hooks for the simple reason that factory hooks on Tomics cause excessive bleeding and tandem 4/0s don't. Pin-pulled Tomics fish really well in my experience. I think there is more action at 2.5 mph (ish) than with the toe bar, even...
  4. M

FS: High thrust prop for Johnson/ Suzuki 9.9 kicker

10in dia, 7" pitch. Turn your normal 9.9 Suzuki /Johnson into a high thrust. Fits on a 10 spline shaft.
  5. M

What is this fish

Its a red Irish lord, a sculpin.
  6. M

Breaker size - Yamaha HT9.9 electric start

Not a trick question. Fuses and breakers make sense on a boat.
  7. M

You misunderstand, the bracket isn't broken. The bracket, like all adjustable brackets, has pinch points inherent to the design and *could potentially* result in a pinched cord. Pinched cord could lead to damage to 12V lead between the battery and the kicker. All I need is an appropriate...
  8. M

I want a breaker on my kicker because my adjustable kicker bracket looks like it could catch the power cord and lead to sparks. What breaker size should I use? 50amps?
  9. M

SOLD Espar D5 Diesel Heater Marine Kit

I have a 2kw diesel heater plumbed to the cuddy cabin and the wheelhouse on my Trophy 2052 hardtop, (full glass, rear canvas). 2kw is enough and doesn't leave me wanting more. You don't want to run these heaters on low too long as they build up carbon and get clogged.
  10. M

Storing Tomic plugs

I have about 30 Tomic plugs in Ziploc freezer bags. There has to be a better way to store these things, what do you do?
  11. M

Stern drive to Outboard conversion questions

It would be way more cost efficient to sell yours and buy an outboard, or a bigger sterndrive boat. Stern drives provide cheap power and relatively simple maintenance.
  12. M

mooring chain

Where does one buy boom chain in Vancouver?
  13. M

mooring chain

I think you're talking about anchoring. I'm talking about a permanent mooring ball attached to a 500lbs anchor.
  14. M

mooring chain

I need help finding the right bottom chain and the chain that goes up to the mooring ball. Suggestions? I'm in Vancouver. If it is cheaper to use heavy used (i.e. de-rated chain) instead of galvanized, I'd consider that. Mooring a 22 footer powerboat in 25' of water (at high tide) in a...
  15. M

Chrismas Cannon Ball Sale

Is $60 the price for 1 or 2 cannonballs?
  16. M

Anywhere to fish specifically for cabezon near vancouver

I've never even heard of anyone catching one in SOG. Cabezon are sculpins not rockfish, DFO's observer was wrong.
  17. M

Mercruiser trim switches

Can you confirm that the trailer trim button continued to work while the UP DOWN toggle was dead?
Back