Search results

1. lemmy

Welded aluminum build

I’ve got a modified Cope 22 Nanoose built by E&D. You’re welcome to check it out in person if you want . It’s definitely not quite as well finished as the spendy ones , but, it’s a solidly built, safe boat. It’s moored at False Creek … Cheers , Lemmy
  2. lemmy

Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Definitely cheaper fuel , a half hour to Sandheads , and if you get a US license , a beautiful tack is right out front of the marina ….
  3. lemmy

It's only money right??? Remote steering or Auto pilot?

I’m running a ComNav 1420 on my boat . Trouble free for 8 years now… easy to use. There’s a used one on EBay.ca for 750 including pump. That’s a decent deal. It’s located in Port McNeill.
  4. lemmy

Marinated Alaska Black cod

I’ve been using the Nobu black cod recipe for many years now, varying the soak times . I like 18-24hrs best. It’s also great on salmon , ling cod, chicken and pork chops!
  5. lemmy

Wedding Venue (Lodge etc) in Lower Mainland?

Been to a couple weddings there. Very nice spot!
  6. lemmy

Hmmm …. Now you got me thinking!!! lol.
  7. lemmy

Depending on the hours , that could be a great deal. Love the motor with shaft. Stand up head. Trailer looks good . My neighbour has the 27 Mackinaw and it’s a nice boat to fish on ! Solid. think this one would be worth a look Capt. Ed?
  8. lemmy

2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

It’s picked up a bit at Pam Rocks now … still just choppy in Lions Bay . It’s supposed to drop to 5-15 northerly in Howe Sound around noon .
  9. lemmy

2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Wind is dropping fast at Pam Rocks… there’s just a few whitecaps right along the eastern side of Gambier . Just small chop right in front of me in Lions Bay. Grace was decent yesterday…. Got a 66 and a 75 in an hour around noon. Prawning was ok too .
  10. lemmy

Recommendations for January Charter

I’d consider a local charter ( Vancouver) You’ll bring home , crab , prawns and probably a winter spring . Ingredients for a great meal !!
  11. lemmy

Drilling into I-beam for stern tie-downs.

Yup , we use them a lot , rigging in the film industry. Endless loop ratchet straps are another. Both so useful!!
  12. lemmy

Drilling into I-beam for stern tie-downs.

You could also buy some 1 or 2 inch webbing slings and go right around the trailer frame …. Wesco would have the bigger size for sure. Bought lots of 1” MEC climbing slings over the years . They come in various lengths and are rated for 22kN breaking strength.
  13. lemmy

Commander 26 Re Build

We used Endura on the decks of a glass fish boat I deckhanded on , That stuff is bomb proof!
  14. lemmy

Tell Your Best Joke

15. lemmy

Thompson River Stories: Share Yours!

Still have a few left…
  16. lemmy

Fused Rod

My grampa taught me to use nose grease about 50 years ago …just pinching the side of one’s nose and applying to male end of rod . Never had a stuck rod ever! lol !!
  17. lemmy

Mosquito creek marina

They can probably save money and just reuse the False Creek plans ….
  18. lemmy

What reel would you put on this rod?

I’ve been super happy with a Penn Fathom 15 Lever Drag 2 speed on a similar rod. Nice to have the low gear if you get something really big. Just keep em coming up slow an steady!
Back