Search results

1. R

Victoria area lakes trout fishing

Can anyone recommend a lake in the Victoria area suitable to bring kids with a good chance of catching something this time of year? (From shore) I used to have decent luck at prospect and ok luck at elk but it’s been over 10 years since I have done any fresh water fishing. Thanks for any advice!
  2. R

2020 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Was out yesterday for a few hours on the flood. Fished between the breakwater and clover point. No hits. One keeper crab in the trap.
  3. R

2020 Sooke Reports

Fished from first light till 10:30 this morning out of east sooke. Got about 12 to the boat including one double header. Only one clipped. A nice size one though. Caught most of them around 120 on the downrigger. Irish cream skinny g one one side and glow/green coho killer on the other. Lots of...
  4. R

2020 Sooke Reports

Out at east sooke today from first light till 11. Tried to get out of the bay but the fog was way to thick so fished around the head and alderidge. Even there it was super sketchy. Then this tug boat towing a huge log boom came out of the fog and turned into the bay really tight to the rocks...
  5. R

Dropped a trap at sax point last night for an overnight soak. Due to something that came up this morning I wasn’t able to get back to it till 2:30 this afternoon. It just had one female dungie and an undersized red rock. I have a feeling someone cleaned it out. My trap is normally loaded at...
  6. R

Wind Alert App

Roberth got me into WindAlert last year and I haven’t looked back. Way better then BWD. Haven’t tried Windy yet so can’t compare.
  7. R

Tried the waterfront with my two boys this morning Dropped a trap then fished from 7 till 8:30 with no luck. Lots of boats out but didn’t see any action It was really messy out there. Must have been residual from the wind yesterday We got two nice keepers in trap.
  8. R

Shore fishing around the island

Beechy Head in east sooke park is good for salmon. Go there in Aug and fish in that little bay off the west side of Beechy Head. It can get crowded there but everyone is friendly. Also I can fish all day there and not lose one lure. I have heard otter point is good but every time I go there I...
  9. R

Howe Sound Prawn Thieves caught with photos

I just don’t understand that. You spend all that money on a nice boat, maintenance everything that goes along with it. Your allowed 4 traps per person. It takes just as much effort to haul someone else’s traps as it would just to haul your own. Why do that. And the smirk on that guy’s face...
  10. R

WHO TO TAKE FISHIN..?

Yes I’m definitely too patient sometimes’. But it’s starting to wear thin. Learning that people will treat you how you let them treat you. My kids are getting to an age where I can bring them out for a few hours or half a day and they love it’. They are my new fishing buddies! And my wife...
  11. R

New to West Coast

I may be corrected but I believe you need to get the stamp even for C&R
  12. R

2019 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Went out Sunday morning for a solo sesh and picked up this nice 16lb white meat spring. It took 4 try’s to net but finally got it. Right out from from Macaulay point in 140’ of water 61 on the downrigger using anchovies
  13. R

Some people don’t catch a lot of fish, so if you do get one in the boat your stolked and want to put it on the table. Even if it’s small. As long as it’s legal who cares.
  14. R

Rigging Buzz Bombs and Zingers

That looks awesome! I’m going to try that. I find “spinnows” are good for shore casting as well.
  15. R

Halibut charter

I I’m interested. I want to get into Hali fishing and going on a charter would be a good starting point. I could probably get a buddy to come too if they need more than one. How many people are you looking for and how much would it cost?
  16. R

No just a few barnacles.....is it yours tho? I’m happy to return it.
  17. R

I was out there today. No luck for me but my downrigger dragged this up from the bottom.
  18. R

2018 Sooke Reports

I’ll try keeping it going next time but slow Not coho pace lol. I was solo today and my boat likes to drive in circles if you’re don’t keep a hand on the wheel at all times. Was finding it hard to steer the boat and play the fish at the same time so I just started shutting it down. This is the...
  19. R

2018 Sooke Reports

Went out of Cheanuh this morning 6:30 to 10:30. Went straight to the head and right away had one on but when shut down my kicker my boat got spun around with the current ( the wrong way) and it tangled around my other line That was that. She gone! Then an hour later out at the third tide...
  20. R

2018 Sooke Reports

Went out from Cheanuh at Fist light today. Couldn’t make it out far because it was too rough for my boat but after battling the currents and chop in the bay for an hour I was able to get out to the mouth and picked up a 4lb hatchery coho. Anchovy at 60’ in about 350 of water. Didn’t stay much...
Back