Search results

1. Ground Tackle

Freedom Boat Club (reviving old thread)

I have seen the ads for these guys and I like the concept, especially since they say they offer training. For someone who has never boated before and wants to start safely with good equipment to get a feel for it this seems to be a win/win.....then you stay with the program or venture off with...
  2. Ground Tackle

Fishing the surface

Good for her!! With all of my previous kidding aside, I started out with little to no interest - didn't take long before I got the bug. Here is a picture of my very first big catch when we had our 16 foot DE - that was when it really started it for me. From there on it was woo hoo when can we...
  3. Ground Tackle

Fishing the surface

All of this info and ideas are great, thank you all so much. Going to be adding some deep six to the tackle box for sure. Actually, now I am starting to really look forward to this upcoming season and trying this out. I currenly have a bit of a pissed off husband that I referred to the boat...
  4. Ground Tackle

Fishing the surface

That's a good idea - we will see, I just want to get some different gear and set ups to try first without downriggers having to be put on. I just don't want one way of doing it and see if it works - the more different things I can try first I want to and hopefully we get success and something...
  5. Ground Tackle

Fishing the surface

Notice - its my boat when I like the boat - and what previous boats we have owned that I really didn't like that much were automatically his boats!
  6. Ground Tackle

Fishing the surface

Ok, now you are asking the wrong person - he has some ideas of what he wants to do with the rod holders. I didn't get into the nitty gritty with him, I just said don't drill a damn thing into my boat without talking to me first, LOL!!! I just wanted ideas of what I can throw into the water...
  7. Ground Tackle

Fishing the surface

I hear what you are saying, but the cap rails on this boat are so nice (and I am determined as its now new owner to maintain them as is) I don't want anything drilled into them. Husband suggested having custom stainless brackets for downriggers made to put on the actual transom which would be a...
  8. Ground Tackle

Fishing the surface

Thanks everyone for this info - guess my husband will be adding to his already pile of fishing gear! Yes, I admit it - its stictly a visual thing for me with this particular boat, I know a bunch of you will roll your eyes on that comment......I at least want to go this route first and we can...
  9. Ground Tackle

Fishing the surface

Haven't posted on this site in over a year, impressed with some of Admin's upgrades to it! I am starting to think about this summer's fishing plans already, going from a sport fishing boat to a cruiser and this summer will be season 1. At this point I am thinking that we most likely won't be...
  10. Ground Tackle

Selling our 2460 Pursuit Denali

Apparently so, the broker requested that we have it at the show.
  11. Ground Tackle

So far initial experience has been great with them - its early days. I do feel that we are late in the season to be selling, I have only sold two boats in the past and both of those were in the spring. Selling late August/September may be a different experience as people are wrapping it up for...
  12. Ground Tackle

Thanks - looks like an offer is already on this one. I have been doing as much research as I can on these 80's trawlers and from what I am reading and from speaking to people I have gotten some pretty good info - starting to feel a bit better on going this route once we find the right boat but...
  13. Ground Tackle

Pulled it off, both of us too busy with work to field a bunch of questions via email so decided to place with a broker, they can deal with the inquiries! Just listed it with Thunderbird Marine 3 days ago.
  14. Ground Tackle

I looked - completely out of my price range....unless we win the lotto max tonight
  15. Ground Tackle

Thxs, that one is a 34. Need a min of 36 or 38 - nothing bigger than 38 though....remember I have the zoo!!
  16. Ground Tackle

Not yet, I am just keeping my eyes peeled and I have a couple of brokers who are also for us. I prefer that we aren't owners of 2 boats at the same time but we will move on a trawler if its the right one prior to selling the pursuit - but it would have to be "the one". Knowing this is our last...
  17. Ground Tackle

Yes, its available. Here is the link to the ad on Craigslist - was able to put a couple of extra photos on their site than I have put on this thread and used vic/nan. https://nanaimo.craigslist.org/boa/d/sidney-2460-pursuit-denali/7364928563.html
  18. Ground Tackle

Hey all, after seeing Totally Unexpected's post on the Monk Trawler (which is now sold, which I totally screwed up on and missed seeing the post when it wasn't sold!!!! UGH), thought I would just throw out besides anyone knowing of a nice one available we would definitely consider doing a trade...
  19. Ground Tackle

1984 36’ tri cabin Monk trawler

Well, doesn't this just royally suck!! So much for my timing:confused:......this is exactly what we are on the hunt for and I just saw this thread for the first time now. If anyone else knows of any nice 36 or 38 foot trawlers available, please let me know.
Back