Search results

1. capman

WTB 10’ tinny

My buddy and I have one each, both stored in Merritt. We are thinking of selling them. I can take some pictures and let you know.
  2. capman

2024 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Anyone plan to fish this long weekend before they close it on Monday? It looks a bit windy but should be fishable.
  3. capman

Fished full day yesterday with 2 other guests around the Bell and N. Arm. Guests lost 2 really screamers around 11 am. The rest of the day was very quiet. Limit on the crabs though. Enjoyed the beautiful sunny and calm waters and of course was amazing to watch family of Orcas passing by.
  4. capman

Fishing first time this year. Managed to keep two keepers and releases 2 just short of 2 inch. In 200’ of of water rigger on 160’ and 170’ west of Bell.
  5. capman

2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

A rookie lost my net once while trying to net the fish, we then lost couple of big ones due to not having any net. Since then, I always leave a smaller and more compact net in the boat as a backup.
  6. capman

As mentioned, Sandshead was on fire this morning. Hooked 4 springs in less than an hour but only landed 1. Then slow for the rest of the afternoon.
  7. capman

Just released a nice wild coho at 87’ close to 2nd Marker
  8. capman

That for the update. I got 2 friends from Gibson and they looking forward to hook a Chinook.
  9. capman

Leaving West Van. Looks like it’s going to be lumpy at T10 so instead thinking of fishing Bell. Will report back and appriciate if anyone fishing T10 keep us updated with water and fish comdition.
  10. capman

Fishing Sandheads. One 22lb in the box at 85’ on the rigger on bait. One monster took away everything and 2 lost by the net. Poor landing
  11. capman

Sunday afternoon at the Bell was on fire for us with 6 springs but slow on Monday with a couple of pinks and 3 wild coho released. I'm hoping to fish Sandheads for the first time this season on Friday and Saturday.
  12. capman

Still around Bell. 2 in the box. 8’0 and 120’ on the rigger. one on chovie and one on spoon
  13. capman

Fishing around the bell. Just lost a good one close to the boat. Spoon 100’ on the rigger.
  14. capman

One in the box at PA on a white hootchie
  15. capman

2023 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Always learn and enjoy reading your report, THANK YOU! Now I have to wait another year until I'm back to Bamfield and that really sucks.
  16. capman

I usually don’t fish if the wind is over 10kt. Planning to take some guests for fishing mostly for pinks on Saturday around Pt Atkinson so they can have some fun but the forecast calling for NW 10 to 20 kt for that day. If that stays true, how bad would think it’s going to be trolling around...
  17. capman

Naniamo to Bamfield route?

Right at the end of the trailer close to tailgate on each side. I agree, glad the boat was not on the trailer at the time it broke. My suspicion is the insane shake of the 2 guides toward the back caused the two sections break.
  18. capman

Naniamo to Bamfield route?

I'm late to this thread. Just sharing my experience. A couple of weeks ago, after a ferry ride, left Nanaimo around 8:5 towards Bamfield. Once in PA, I dropped my 22' aluminum boat in the inlet, and my brother and I left towards Bamfield. The ride was a bit rough but doable. Took us about 1.5...
  19. capman

2023 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Sounds like a fantastic trip Jeff! Glad the family enjoyed, and were rewarded with some beautiful fish.
  20. capman

Fished Gower Point this AM. Ton’s of pinks. Managed to keep one clipped coho
Back