Search results

1. sly_karma

World Juniors 2024

Typical first tournament game for Canada, I thought. Looked a bit disjointed as the coaches play with lines and roles, but plenty of strong contributions. The Finns won't win any big games with that PP doctrine, far too static. They had penalties to work with but no juice.
  2. sly_karma

Project boat opportunity (not my ad)

One of the best quality BC boat builders. Deep V, 8 ft beam, ideal platform for SOG fishing adventures. Engine already pulled, this one is crying out for a pod and a 150. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/816724883330688/?mibextid=dXMIcH
  3. sly_karma

I could get used to this

Today I helped one of my longterm clients who has a lakefront vineyard property in Naramata with a Maxum 2300 at the dock. He wants to close up the place for the year and head back to the city, but there's a problem. The outfit in West Kelowna who pick up his boat and take it for winterizing and...
  4. sly_karma

ISO Scotty 1025 right angle mount

Experimenting with alternate mount for my Scotty trap puller. Looking for one 1025 gunnel mount. Anyone got one kicking around they don't need anymore? I'll pay postage of course.
  5. sly_karma

Driving an EV pickup

I drove my F150 Lightning home yesterday. It was a long road to ownership: - reservation placed 5/25/21 - order placed 2/1/22 (for a 2022 model) - order placed 8/15/22 (for a 2023 model) - "in production" 5/1/23 - built 6/4/23 - shipped 6/16/23 - at dealer 7/14/23 This thread is going to...
  6. sly_karma

Bauer prawn traps - just so you know

A pair of the Bauer 18x18 traps arrived this week from PNT. They're not just a scaled down version of the 24x24. The ramp angles are steeper, and the centre well for bait and weight is cylindrical rather than square. This means that the 5 lb trap weights they sell for the larger traps don't fit...
  7. sly_karma

Carlyle cat food - any Sunshine Coast retailers?

I goofed up and forgot to order more of the Carlyle Just Tuna for my upcoming trip. I'm driving Thursday morning from the Okanagan to hit a noon ferry for the sunshine coast. Not really keen on the extra time and traffic hassles to deviate to PNT in Steveston with boat in tow. Does anyone know...
  8. sly_karma

ISO Scotty pedestal mount

Looking for a used swiveling pedestal rigger mount, Scotty 1026. This time I'll stay with a trusted site, not FB Marketplace. FWIW, avoid doing business with someone in Nanaimo who calls themselves Maverick, and definitely do not e transfer payment to them.
  9. sly_karma

Scotty 1080 manual downriggers SOLD

Pair of 1080 Strongarm manual downriggers for sale in Penticton. I purchased them a decade ago for the boat at our cabin but found I almost never used them. Good purchase for small boat owner, backup in case electric riggers fail, someone who rarely trolls deep, or only rarely fishes at all. -...
  10. sly_karma

In-boat dual battery charger/tender?

Looking for recommendations for hull-mounted charger that can maintain and/or recharge my two group 24 flooded batteries, one starter, one house. I have a Blue Sea ACR and shutoff switch installed. Power is a 130 Etec and a 9.9 Merc 4 stroke with electric start. Will I need to change any of...
  11. sly_karma

Crabbing fundamentals

Leading up to my recent Sunshine Coast stay, I read a lot of forum posts about prawning equipment and method, determined to get it right after many episodes of little success. Many thanks to those who posted as I consistently caught prawns and shrimp in decent quantities. Trap puller got a...
  12. sly_karma

Don't touch me

I launched at the City of Penticton ramp on Skaha Lake this morning. The ramp has two lanes with a finger dock separating them.Takes a bit more time launching solo than if you have a helper, but it wasn't unduly busy and I've done it before. After parking the truck, I jump aboard and take a few...
  13. sly_karma

Popup sale on Lowrance HDS9 Carbon at HC

If you were thinking about it anyway... $2700 --> $1300 is a big price slash. Link to Harbour Chandler
  14. sly_karma

ISO half of a 9-11 ft rod

Anyone want to get rid of a rod with a broken tip, or lost the top half of a salmon rod? Looking for just the half with the grips, something approx 5 ft long. Extra bonus points if it's old school and has the female (socket) ferrule. Discuss by PM or call/message at 250-four eight six-3239. TIA...
  15. sly_karma

SOLD Sirius downrigger rods/Torium reels

Pair of 10'6 MH Sirius DR105 downrigger rods made by Emery, with spiral pattern guides for conventional reels. The Shimano Torium 20s are spooled with 30 lb braid and a ~50 ft topshot of 30 lb mono. If you troll deep you'll appreciate the super fast 6.2:1 retrieve rate and braided main line...
  16. sly_karma

Halibut/ground fish rod/reel sets SOLD

Two Ugly Stik 6'6 MH one piece rods mounted with Penn 330 GT levelwind reels, spooled with 50 lb braid. Inexpensive all around setup for general bottom fishing and ready to fish. These have been barely used as I transitioned away from targeting halibut in my area. $250 for the pair. Located in...
  17. sly_karma

Wanted: transom saver

Looking for Attwood or Panther transom saver arm. Located in Okanagan but happy to arrange shipping.
  18. sly_karma

Electric ferries?

Coming soon in NZ. Carbon fibre hydrofoil type passenger ferry weeks away from entering service, and a prototype small scale car ferry in development. https://i.stuff.co.nz/business/127004489/electric-is-the-future-kiwi-boat-builders-ride-wave-as-first-batterypowered-ferry-service-nears
  19. sly_karma

Appropriate rod to match retro reel?

I found an old 6" Peetz reel in a cupboard at the cabin and sent it to Peetz for restoration. Lovely work for a very reasonable hundred bucks. Now I'd like to hunt down a similarly retro salmon rod and spool it with all mono 20 lb as per normal 1970s set up. Anyone care to give me some names...
  20. sly_karma

Bait tables - let's see some pictures please

I got some pieces of 1/2" Starboard to make a removable cutting table. Base size is going to max out at 28"×24" due to material sizes. I would love to see some ideas from other people's installations. What worked, what didn't? What would you add or change if you were doing it again? Hull is 19...
Back