Best Cellphone reception

Have you had 'NO' issues with your cell phone provider? If so, which network, Rogers or Telus?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

timbuk2

Hello All,

I did a search and found nothing recent. I reside in Vancouver and looking at switching phone plans. I'm looking for experiences with the different providers and see if there's any issues with getting reception while fishing along the Georgia Strait, the Gulf Islands and all the way past Victoria. I'm currently with Roger's Business and found good reception from Sooke to Vancouver. Through work, we've recently been offered a better deal by Bell, which uses the same network as Telus. Now in the past, with a previous provider but I cannot recall which, I was losing connection while fishing around the South Arm and other areas. Can anyone comment on their experience with their providers and the reception in the aforementioned areas?

Thanks in advance...

Last edited:
Have had Bell, Telus, and now Rogers. Telus was by far the best for coverage and call quality, but also the most expensive. I would switch back to Telus if I could but we have a Rogers business plan. Very cheap and Basically unlimited data.

I am with Public Mobile. They are Telus's cheap self serve little brother. Very cheap but you provide your own phone. No contract, no data overages. I use their $25 per month plan, do the auto prepay and access wifi whenever possible for data. Been using it for 2 years after 12 years of Telus. Cut my costs down for retirement.

If anyone wants to know more about it, Goggle their plans. Want more info PM me.

i have herd of c#ck blocking ,buck blocking when hunting.but that was a whole new buck $ block.
I am with Public Mobile. They are Telus's cheap self serve little brother. Very cheap but you provide your own phone. No contract, no data overages. I use their $25 per month plan, do the auto prepay and access wifi whenever possible for data. Been using it for 2 years after 12 years of Telus. Cut my costs down for retirement.

If anyone wants to know more about it, Goggle their plans. Want more info PM me.

I do not want to derail your pole, but as we are all boaters and fisherman, I think it is imperative to note that Telus by far has the best ocean coverage which makes you safer. Emphasizing the safety aspect of your coverage could be a lifesaver.

I am with Bell for 6 years and it don't really have any complaints. Worked well fishing out of Ucluelet and gives me good signal in Quatsino Sound but spotty when fishing Winter Harbour. Some have told me that even though Bell runs on Telus towers in BC, Telus still reserves the best signal for themselves - this sounds a bit unlikely to me. Does anyone here know for a fact?

I am with Bell for 6 years and it don't really have any complaints. Worked well fishing out of Ucluelet and gives me good signal in Quatsino Sound but spotty when fishing Winter Harbour. Some have told me that even though Bell runs on Telus towers in BC, Telus still reserves the best signal for themselves - this sounds a bit unlikely to me. Does anyone here know for a fact?

Thanks for your input. Although that's well outside the areas where I usually fish, I do hope to make it there one day. I sure hope more Bell user's chime in.

Back