Buying used truck camper. Transfer form?

Corey_lax

Crew Member
I’m buying a used northern lite truck camper today. Do I need a transfer form of any kind? It’s not like a trailer that would be registered with icbc so do we just write up a contract that says we now own the camper?

A simple recipe will do no biggie and
Not really nessesary unless you suspect
A barn burner of a deal

A bill of sale is all I’ve ever got when I’ve bought campers. And used it to insure them.
Yeah I won’t be insuring it so that’s not a problem. I’ll just hand write some sort of bill of sale

You can also contact service bc and get them to do a lien search of the serial number. It costs a few bucks (i think about $15) but worth it if you are leery about the seller.

I wasn’t leery about the seller. I think all is good. Out with the smaller one and in with the bigger one! The beer fridge is at least twice the size. Major selling feature

Attachments

• 23DB79A9-5354-4205-BDED-52151D6987BD.jpeg
    23DB79A9-5354-4205-BDED-52151D6987BD.jpeg
    371.3 KB · Views: 66
I wasn’t leery about the seller. I think all is good. Out with the smaller one and in with the bigger one! The beer fridge is at least twice the size. Major selling feature

That looks awesome......I'm looking at downsizing and selling my trailer and going back to a camper.

Slight derail- anyone out there bring one up from the states? I have a buddy who just put one on his truck and drove home.....never said a word at the border

I have a NL 8'11 camper that I purchased used and all I did as mentioned above was a Bill of Sale containing names of seller, buyer, date of purchase, camper serial numbers, etc. Insurance company diffidently want to see this.
What I highly recommend is to get the new to you camper propane re certified at a reliable RV or propane outlet.About $250 charge if I remember. Mostly the cost of the new decal from the Government.
There is a reason I highly suggest this. Are you absolutely sure you are not going to insure it? Nothing is insured on the carrying vehicle and liability is an issue. House hold insurance for contents is only covered.Looks like a great camper that is as you know almost irreplaceable and for around $350 you are covered.

P1000376.JPG Lest we forget and this is why my I have insurance and secondly the propane recertified.. Remains of my Bigfoot, camper and truck 2012. Just saying.P1000376.JPG .

If it's just for peace of mind to leak test your propane system it's pretty easy to put a squeeze on it yourself.

I guess that probably wouldn't matter to an insurance company however

Yes, propane leak from fridge I think. Had just returned from Poett Nook and the Bamfield road was exceptionally bad.
2 days later headed up to Agassiz to fish with a buddy on the Harrison for a couple of days. Returned late in the evening to see the police, fire department and numerous people searching for us amongst all the debris and brush. Very eerie sick feeling I can tell you that. Camper had replacement insurance for $22k and it was a struggle to find another like camper as the Insurance company was playing silly bugger with me (offered $10k ) as they stated I did not have guaranteed replacement coverage. What a joke but I was persistent and eventually found the NL I have today and they paid up.

Back