WTB: 2007/8 ETEC 150 Flywheel

Fixed the title. This is a bit of a hail mary, but anyone out there have a line on a flywheel for a 2007/8 ETEC 150? Perhaps you know of a salvage motor? They changed the flywheel in 2009, so it's making a tough scavenger hunt. Don't want to sink money into new parts until i test the engine, and cant test it until i get the flywheel!

TIA

I'm in victoria. I was referred to him by someone else...no dice. thanks for the suggestion!

Try mike at PY marine in port Alberni. He got me a good used fly wheel when I had my older etec a few years ago.

Have you pulled the fly wheel to check the magnets? If the magnets are not broken and just loose, you can clean up the old fly wheel and glue them back on. I actually did this on mine after I changed the ECM as money was tight. It lasted a few months like this before they came loose. Once they came loose again I replaced the fly wheel asap. You can tell there loose when the motor bogs down when under way and adjusting trim.

Try mike at PY marine in port Alberni. He got me a good used fly wheel when I had my older etec a few years ago.

Have you pulled the fly wheel to check the magnets? If the magnets are not broken and just loose, you can clean up the old fly wheel and glue them back on. I actually did this on mine after I changed the ECM as money was tight. It lasted a few months like this before they came loose. Once they came loose again I replaced the fly wheel asap. You can tell there loose when the motor bogs down when under way and adjusting trim.

Thanks! PY has gone belly up. I did track down Mike, however. No luck there. FYI Mike is apparently opening up a new Evinrude shop in Parksville. the magnet it spit broke, so no chance to repair it.

Just talked to Mike from the old PY and they are opening up as VI Marine behind spunkys motorcycle shop on the Alberni Hwy. His contact info is 12509130298

Back