Bad Day on The Water....

Sharphooks

This picture generated a few pages of comments over on another marine website.
It being winter and all, without a lot of fishing opportunities, I thought I’d share it.

The debate: real picture or staged?

AC5AE811-A5CB-4555-B245-75E2D6FC002F.png

Doesn't appear to be any hammer marks on the broken edges. Still, it looks a little too pretty.

Why did they all break off at the meaty portion of the blade.
The thin part of the blade is not deformed at all.
No paint or other signs of impact on the wood.
Fake.

there’s a rock by the plane dock in gold river that has some bits of my prop in it from a few years ago. bad part is i knew it was there....

I don't think that can be real unless the boat was almost stationary. A propeller travelling throughout the water would have a much greater spacing than that.

54c8055b28c0c_-_tb_9709boata.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

The only way that could be real is if the boat was in reverse. The blades would be closer together as your speed is less even with decent rpms. Also if the boat was traveling in a forward direction the blades would have impacted the raised portion of the log in the background first.

Why would someone take the time to stage it? Lol. I wish I had that kind of time on my hands lol

Fake the blades are on top of the log with the breaks on top as well, this means the keg would have protected the prop and they are to close together. Only other way was it was in reverse, but even then they are to close together for reverse and to do that much damage it would be going at a good rpm

Back