Peetz Sliding Sinkers

Mako 22

Are they still available? Would like to buy some for fishing with my "retro" gear, lucky louies and such.

Searched the net and cannot find any.

Photo from 2013, on another forum.

Are they still available? Would like to buy some for fishing with my "retro" gear, lucky louies and such.

Slip Weights

I still have a couple of the small one. I always hated to use them because when you catch a fish you are fighting the extra weight
.... I think that most of them have been melted down to make d/r cannon balls.

Pretty sure they are in most bigger tackle stores. I am pretty sure I saw then at PNT in Coombs a few weeks ago,

Yep, melted them down to make cannon balls.
Would rather use a Pink Lady or Planner of some kind, if I didn't want to use the riggers.

Not sure if Peetz themselves are still making sliding weights-they were the Best back in the day followed by Gibbs.

One thing I have seen is that newer sliding weights often have the wrong weight attributed-that's a polite was of saying some sleazebag is cheating people for a few grams of lead.

The 4 to 6 0z slip weights are still used by Tyee Club rowers and thus in demand for that use. If you have the 4, 5 or 6 oz slip weights the club rowers will take them off your hands. In the Victoria area I would be interested in a few, especially the 4 and 5 oz. ones. They are not used for much else anymore and I suspect do get melted down.

Somewhere down in my storage area I have some slip weights that (if I remember correctly) you looped the fishing line through rather then put it under the brass loops.

Somewhere down in my storage area I have some slip weights that (if I remember correctly) you looped the fishing line through rather then put it under the brass loops.
We used to put a couple of half hitches thru the loop, put a broken in half tooth pick in the loop and pull tight.
If you pulled the line thru the crack as designed it would result in weakening the line in a short time

just saw an ad on craigslist under fishing equipment in Richmond.
showed a tackle box with about 15 Peetz slip weights and a bunch of banana mooching weights as well as a lucky louie box (not sure if it has a plug inside)
doesn't have a price but might be worth a call.

Peetz, and Gibbs Delta still make the weights and they are available at most decent tackle shops. The 5 oz Peetz is ellusive and any Rowewr at the Tyee Club would happily take them off your hands

Greg

Peetz, and Gibbs Delta still make the weights and they are available at most decent tackle shops. The 5 oz Peetz is ellusive and any Rowewr at the Tyee Club would happily take them off your hands

Greg

One wonders about shaving some lead off the 6 oz to turn it into a 5 oz.

I found if you put the clip part of the slip weight towards the lure ,the weeds will build up on the bulbus part of the weight.If the clip is towards the rod the weeds will slip right past to the lure.Be shure to use a rubber bumper like those on buzzbombs between the slip weight and the swivel or the weight if tripped will break your knot at the swivel.What I don't like about slip weights is the damage to the line from clipping weight to it.A small plastic rigger clip for trout could be fastened to the clip part on the weight to remove the chance at damaging the mainline while still using the sliding rods on the weight.

Trotac had some in stock last weekend when I was there-in the same display as the other Peetz tackle near the stairs.

Back