2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lost a HOG at NA tonight. Passed the rod to my inexperienced guest and the fish took off and backlashed the reel. Big fish that definitely needed a palmed reel. Snapped my 30 lb test above the flasher. I haven’t seen a fish puns the rod like that in a while. If anyone catches a Spring with a green flasher hooked in it I’d like my flasher back. Don’t mind if you keep the fish

Wind seems snotty for early tomorrow. Might wait it out and fish mid morning. Anyone heading out?

I just arrived at our place just past Roberts creek and the wind is pushing SE maybe 10 to 12 knots Odd for this time of year but it's crazy warm...see what the morning brings for winds. Good luck out there!

North arm 4-7, 38 -70 ft on the riggers chovie cop car hootchie 7 to the boat only 1 in the box couldnt get a fish in the net oh well gorgeous sunset still some meat in the cooler and a great day with my friend love this coast

North arm 4-7, 38 -70 ft on the riggers chovie cop car hootchie 7 to the boat only 1 in the box couldnt get a fish in the net oh well gorgeous sunset still some meat in the cooler and a great day with my friend love this coast

We were almost the same. Trolled t10 to the south area of NA and back again, 3-7:30. Rolled a tray of chovies, 2 pinks, 6 nookies all to the boat to watch hooks pop, despite being brand new... put down some spoons for the last 30 min and finally broke the curse before pulling as the sun went down.

Got 4 springs in the last hour of the day off the North arm not too far off the jetty. All at 37’. Was looking to a be a tough day, was out since sunrise and worked NA, t10 and SA before heading back to NA for last light. Ended up with a few wounded pinks one hatch ho and springs 12-20lbs

Current was brutal last night and the wind picked up after 7pm but all in all still fishable except for some idiot in a cigar boat rippin through the fishin ground...theres one in every crowd!!!

Anyone out there now? Wind looks pretty strong.. was planning to go out but it looks like evening will be a bit nicer..

Fished from 3ish to 730 last night, out off north arm in and around, outside the pack you name it. My first unsuccessful spring hunt in quite a while. Pinks on the other hand were out of control we must have boated 18 of them and another 15 robbing my bait and popping off on the way to the boat. I had a couple guys on the boat that don’t get out much so they had a blast. Good to hear some guys had luck, just wasn’t my night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back