Better to get a new 15 HP kicker with no tiller than to convert my existing 9.9 yamaha?

Rain City

Crew Member
Broke my steering controller last week for the trol-eze. Got me thinking about a new rear helm to control the kicker. The yamaha I have doesn't run great and I'm not thrilled about how everything was installed. Not sure I want to invest in modifying what's there. I'd love an autopilot option but mostly would love to not get my feet wet everytime I have to go out onto the swim grid to adjust the choke and put it in gear. I have a 30 commander with room for controls. Anyone know approximate costs on all that?

For steering I use intelli steer and have had pretty trouble free use. A rear helm with wireless intelli linked would be the best set up

For steering I use intelli steer and have had pretty trouble free use. A rear helm with wireless intelli linked would be the best set up
Price per pound of salmon on my boat is going way up it seems lol.

Go for the 25 HP Yamaha...you need the torque and thrust for a heavy 30 ft boat. You won't regret the upgrade.

Go for the 25 HP Yamaha...you need the torque and thrust for a heavy 30 ft boat. You won't regret the upgrade.
At that point I'm getting worried about weight both for listing and weather or not not the swim grid could handle it.

Back