Shelf Stable Smoked Salmon

Rain City

Crew Member
My freezer is full. I made some jarred smoked salmon but that's not the same. I want to make some vac-packed candy and keep it in the pantry. Anyone know how to do that?

My freezer is full. I made some jarred smoked salmon but that's not the same. I want to make some vac-packed candy and keep it in the pantry. Anyone know how to do that?

Clearly you are not eating it fast enough, being a fishermen is a commitment at least fish for dinner 2 nights a week!! stay out of the pop and chips before bed and start hammering on that smoked salmon!!

lol

Clearly you are not eating it fast enough, being a fishermen is a commitment at least fish for dinner 2 nights a week!! stay out of the pop and chips before bed and start hammering on that smoked salmon!!

lol
I'm prepping! You'll be knocking on my door when the zombies come ;)

Can it and have salmon sandwiches or salmon burgers

View attachment 40050
Funny to see you using smaller jars. I grew up with the pint jars but my wife said no more and bought a ton of those single meal (for her, i need 2) jars.
With regards the the thread I was under the impression it was based on handling and moisture content. Past a certain point it needed to be frozen. This was something I was told years ago, I'll research a bit and see if I can come up with something more concrete as I would like to do the same (kind of a pain to have to defrost every time I want smoked)

I had a guy who was an Innu from Labrador make me some smoked Coho that was his people's style he said it didn't need to be refrigerated and he was right-it was So Dry/So Hard/So Salty a dog wouldn't eat it.

I chopped some up and put it into a fall stew and let it simmer for 30 minutes-it never changed at all nor did it add any flavour to the stew.

So be careful what you ask for.

I had a guy who was an Innu from Labrador make me some smoked Coho that was his people's style he said it didn't need to be refrigerated and he was right-it was So Dry/So Hard/So Salty a dog wouldn't eat it.

I chopped some up and put it into a fall stew and let it simmer for 30 minutes-it never changed at all nor did it add any flavour to the stew.

Yah that's what I figured and was hoping to avoid.

Go get some more socks and a big fatty white spring. Process them together and make some shelf-stable salmon pepperoni.

https://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum/index.php?threads/indian-candy.40750/

I made the big guys recipe the other day in my bradley and it was awesome, I did not do the glaze part and was very happy with the end result as were others. I used 3 pucks of cherrywood, very slowly raised the heat by puting it on low with door slightly ajar for an hour then closed door on low for 1/2 hour then added 1st puck, next puck 2 hrs later slowly increasing heat and last puck 2 hrs after with heat up to about 1/2 way. all my fish were sockeye. about 8 hrs smoking total with no smoke in the 1st 1.5 hrs.

I made the big guys recipe the other day in my bradley and it was awesome, I did not do the glaze part and was very happy with the end result as were others. I used 3 pucks of cherrywood, very slowly raised the heat by puting it on low with door slightly ajar for an hour then closed door on low for 1/2 hour then added 1st puck, next puck 2 hrs later slowly increasing heat and last puck 2 hrs after with heat up to about 1/2 way. all my fish were sockeye. about 8 hrs smoking total with no smoke in the 1st 1.5 hrs.
They sell that kind of Pepperoni at French Creek-Man is it Good!
They sell that kind of Pepperoni at French Creek-Man is it Good!

The problem with what the op is asking is you have to use lots of chemicals to make it safe

A local native buddy gave me some a couple of years ago. Same thing, so dry and salty I couldn't eat it.

Back