Trailer axle help.

RiverBoy

So I left Port McNeill last weekend, and lost my bearing buddy on the way just outside of Hyde Creek Area. ( wife was behind me in our car and later told me she saw something silver fly off the boat ) Anyway, needless to say my bearings are done, and my spindle is fubar. I jacked up the trailer and the wheel fell right off in my driveway!
So my question is, is it better to replace just the spindle, or should I replace the entire axle?
The spindle is welded on to the axle right now, and I am not that confident I can cut it off nice and square.
You can buy entire axles from Princess Auto, and also Lordco etc. but they don't seem to have the right length I need.
I don't like the idea of possibly having different size bearings if I can't match the spindle.
Not sure what to do, and my boat is stuck in my driveway. Anyone know of any good suppliers?
I am going to call CR Spring in the morning
Thanks in advance as always

Replaced both my axles on my trailer a few years ago. Westcoast Motorsport in Lantzville got them in for me at a good price. Ask for John.

So I ended up keeping my axle and I had a guy do a beautiful weld of the new spindles. thanks to Steve from CR springs for the help and recommendation of the welder / fabricator.

Back