Willows beach

The ninth tee is where you want to cast from at the golf course. Caught some beauties there back in the day
(late 80's,early 90's). Small chrome buzz bombs were the ticket then. You'll need a long handled net for landing fish
there. With the exellent spring run this year,it should be pretty good there right now!

Not sure if you can still fish there. I heard the golf course closed acess to it?
Did saw a no traspassing sign on the entrance to the golf course when the anglers parked on Beach drive.
Not sure if this is true?

HS.

That's too bad. Caught my first salmon there as a kid. 25 + year ago now but I bet they are still there on a flood. Buzz bombs were the bomb. My gramps taught me to use a single cause it was less snaggy. Good memories.

Fished the Golf Course (Gonzales Point) two Fridays ago in the early evening. No problem, no signs. Just be respectful of the golfers on the walk down.

Fished the Golf Course (Gonzales Point) two Fridays ago in the early evening. No problem, no signs. Just be respectful of the golfers on the walk down.
Yah,that was the way it was years ago as well. Just be respectful of the golfers and let them play ahead of you,and
we were never bothered. If I still lived down there now,I'd be there all the time. It's a riot gettin' a 25 lb. spring on
spinning gear with 15lb. test!!

Got a 27 there one evening. Spooled me three times. Pitch black when I finally got him in. No net. Bet I pulled two or three dozen out of the ninth hole.

There is a sign saying private property which it is. You also are going to probably have to walk threw a groups game who probably paid $500 plus to play. If those people start complaining, get ready to get kicked of the second you step foot to walk in. Unfortunately a couple dumbasses could ruin this for everyone. Please beware of the game being played and make sure not to walk threw when someone is playing and this goes for walking back too.

This is a nice spot to just relax and cast and hope. Plz dont ruin it for everyone. One spot I wish wasnt talked about on the net. Probably by people who dont have to fish from shore anymore. Hopfully after losing a bunch of lures and only catching rock fish people might look for a new spot. I hear the breakwater is the best producer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back