2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fished cap today from 1030-430

Nothing at all until a 4lb Hatch ho at about 1. Didnt see others getting much either.

Then like clockwork at low slack, starting at 230 got 4-5 more hits. 3 springs, 2 of which were undersized and one 12 lbs.

Bite died around 330 for us.

All bites on anchovy close to the bottom, except for one on a surface line with a cut plug.

Nice day out there, glad to squeak out some fish too!

Anyone had a sniff around the Hump lately? Im just not convinced the fish are all down locally as of yet. Maybe some recon is due...

More coho showing really look forward to this time of the year, North arm for coho can be really good in the evening getting all the cruisers passing by coming up
high, seeing some porpoising schools finally, staging for that water to come up, hope it's only light rains...

A5B8EBC9-04E3-40BF-884E-BF96CDB1AFBA.JPG

Last edited:
More coho showing really look forward to this time of the year, North arm for coho can be really good in the evening getting all the cruisers passing by coming up
high, seeing some porpoising schools finally, staging for that water to come up, hope it's only light rains...
View attachment 57251
It's going to dump. I think tomorrow will be a good day to get out and get them before they move up.

Just checked the wind. There goes that plan ffs

It's going to dump. I think tomorrow will be a good day to get out and get them before they move up.

Just checked the wind. There goes that plan ffs
gonna head out for the evening fish til sundown today, i think the bulk of the run will get just get a spark to move in with this rain, then hopefully it stops raining
and the fishing should be much better not so sporadic

View attachment 57247 View attachment 57247 Fished SH 10 to 5 pm. Lost a nice size spring at the side of the boat and released two wild Coho's in the morning, all on spoon . Got a nice 7 #er Hatch Ho on bait in the afternoon.
Orcas showed up twice, once around 11 am and 3:30ish pm.
Buddy that is a great shot a great capture!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back