2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
9781927527474-500x630.jpg

https://www.heritagehouse.ca/book/how-to-catch-crabs/

the thing with prawning I have learned is tides.... big tides, as in 10 ft of rise or fall or bigger, cause the water to move too quick and the bugs can't get to yur traps. Try and hit 2 hrs before low or high and two hrs after,

off passage there can be a lot of current.. if there is a small tidal day as in 3-4ft up and 3-4 ft down, it works much better.. Also the 12 ftplus tides cause currents strong enuff to move bouys away..

Anyone fish today , wind looks good for the next couple days ?
Anyone who was fishing yesterday, should have been at the protest!:mad:

I fished on Sunday and found that the high winds on Saturday had dispersed the fish. Heard the same report from others.

Last edited:
From another forum anyone know em?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-05-03-16-48-01.png
    Screenshot_2019-05-03-16-48-01.png
    485.9 KB · Views: 403

These guys were out off Bowen just yesterday. Only us and one other boat out so of course they felt it necessary to wake us while on the troll They were heading towards Thunderbird from the paisley islands area. We will watch for this one for sure.

Looks very much like the boat my buddy and I had an encounter with off West Van. I should have noted the boat name and number but we exchanged words, gave them a warning to stay the F away from our traps and let it be. Thieves are lazy scum

Thanks for the report. How does the water look out there. Looks a bit rough on the Jerico side right now.

Headed across to Thrasher Friday evening.
Fished Friday Evening 4pm-8pm
Fished Saturday 7am - 12pm
Fished 3.5” spoons between 100’ and 120’
Friday was an epic day both fish wise as well as weather was, great crossing and by 6pm it was glass out at Thrasher. Only boat out.
Friday fishing, we stopped counting fish landed as well as double headers.
Saturday the winds were up a bit but still easily fishable. Not quite as productive as Friday evening, but still landed over a dozen and had approximately 6 double headers. More boats on Saturday, roughly 6 of us.
Size increased since last week. Approximately a 1/3 of fish caught were keepers this week. Not that I was weighing, but I suspect nothing over 8lbs.
With the exception of a few that needed to netted, all fish were released at the side of the boat.
Hopefully be back for the same adventure this week.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back