Your Dream Fish

Well I guided my family friend to 38lb spring but I have only reeled in a 30lb one...I still think landing a 40+ lb spring is my bucket list fish. And if that happens maybe I can up it to 50+, but I don't want to get greedy and anger the fish gods.

I do dream of big hooked nosed Northern Coho. They are my favorite for the excitement of the fight etc. We didn't get into any of them last year off the WCVI so I do hope to get into some of them this year. A few years ago my son and I were fishing the Wreck in September and got into some wild ones that were pushing 22 lbs. My largest hatch job to date is 18 lbs.

I cant belive ANYONE would go and catch those endangered Blue fins just for SPORT. What would you do if your kids could never see one when they get older? If you are not going to eat it dont fish for them!

j/k thats what i wanna do to! looks way to awesome!

Lorne:- you could substitute the words " large Chinook over 50lbs." for "endangered Bluefin" and you'll get the same eventual response.......

Lorne, if your kids want to see a Blue FinTuna...they can go to a sushi bar :(

Nobody has said sturgeon yet...

Funny looking at where you live and what you want to catch! I use to live 20 minutes from Langley boat launch on the Fraser...... fished Sturgeon every week from late February (weather dependant) until late November ....... got many people into their first dinos..... biggest fish (to date) 10'4", most in a day 34......

My dream if you want to call it that is to catch and bring home a couple of Hali's, go out with my family and get some hali in the freezer! We get several different runs of salmon in the Fraser so usually have some in the freezer, but I love the bottom fish!

I'll trade ya a halibut trip for a go at sturgeon!................... I want to beat the rainbow record on diefienbaker lk in SK. I got some inside info on where and how the same twin brothers keep uping the world record rainbow. I try to get to the lake for a fish when I am out there hunting, the biggest so far is a 12lber, but my cousin has a few in the thirties.

most definatley a big trout on a fly rod:D

kunni

Go with the basics huh? :) I have so ittle luck catching trout that a large one in any situation would be welcome.

Back