Your best "go to" hoochie

anyone have luck using a hootchie with a jughead for action and fishing with a dummy (off the cannonball) flasher? Like others the geen glow splatter back with a green or gold super betty flasher has been effective for me but i love the clean fight you get without an inline flasher. I'd love to find a combo that works as well but without the drag of a flasher. I've considered rigging break away flashers and have limited (unsuccessful) time fishing jug heads but would love some advice. Cheers!
i run them quite often when some good coho are around.. ripper fights, no flasher.

Great topic Searun!

I can't really offer one hoochie as i think it depends on where on the coast you're fishing, time of year, depths, available feed, water colour and light conditions. I usually threw the brown turd behind a red chrome flasher out almost every day if i'm not getting them

I like a white hootchie almost any time anywhere. I had a favorite for a couple of seasons that I called the White Knight. I don't know why I didn't fish it all the time. You HAVE to use whatever is supposed to be hot I guess. But if the hot lure wasn't working the White Knight usually would produce something. Pair it with a Super Betsy or Purple Haze

The best set up for coho in the past two years has been a clear UV hoochie stuffed with a white needlefish grand slam bucktail. At the end of the season it was the only thig I was puttin down as it was outfishinng the other side 3:1IMG_1488.jpg

anyone have luck using a hootchie with a jughead for action and fishing with a dummy (off the cannonball) flasher? Like others the geen glow splatter back with a green or gold super betty flasher has been effective for me but i love the clean fight you get without an inline flasher. I'd love to find a combo that works as well but without the drag of a flasher. I've considered rigging break away flashers and have limited (unsuccessful) time fishing jug heads but would love some advice. Cheers!

We've been using these breakaways for a couple of years and now won't fish without them. Really improves the fight and increases the landing ratio since you're not fighting the flasher.

Does anyone take a flashlight and charge the selection of hoochies that glow to see what ones glow the best? Or am I the only one I’ve noticed drastic differences doing this with identical skirts.
I use the flash off of my old SLR camera. A couple of flashes and you're charged for a couple of hours. Great for doing three or four at a time.

tandem hooks, nose pull with a small hook, one tucked in the back 1/3, or use a teaser head/jughead

Last edited:
I've been fishing with a rollieblade dummy flasher last year with good success. Wondering if I could get some action from a Hoochie without an inline flasher

Back