Yellow Dots

Nope-- totally natural

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

caught a yellow dot at Esperansa on the 14th, it was more of a blotch than a dot. will try and post a pic.

Rum Chum

When I moved back to Vancouver Island a few years back I took my father and brother in law on a charter in Ucluelet. We caught two fish in the same area with identical yellow markings in the same location on the fish. The guide mentioned he had caught several fish over the years with these markings.

He said this strain of salmon with the yellow dots on the lower belly were Fraser River fish. Never did look into it but i'm sure it was a line of bs.

Reel Chaos

Interesting picture Tanglefoot personally all of my yellow dots have always been on the white of the belly. I have never seen one on the side before.

Here is the latest entry sent to me by a friend. I guess we are all having a little bit of fun with this one. But actually it is a very serious inquiry?

oct3chinb-0.jpg

I caught this fish a while ago:

obama-fish.jpg

It was tastesless and tough eating, and it also cost me my job and emptied my bank account and wallet, now my house is being reposessed... - should have thrown it back after clubbing it! [}:)]

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/Sushihunter250

jfc_banner-2009-01.jpg

I was talking to a friend about this and he just e-mailed this to me. It's basically what I said before, but much more professional like.

Chromatophores are pigment-containing and light-reflecting cells found in amphibians, fish, reptiles, crustaceans, and cephalopods. They are largely responsible for generating skin and eye colour in cold-blooded animals and are generated in the neural crest during embryonic development. Mature chromatophores are grouped into subclasses based on their colour (more properly " hue") under white light: xanthophores (yellow), erythrophores (red), iridophores ( reflective / iridescent), leucophores (white), melanophores (black/brown) and cyanophores (blue). The term can also refer to coloured, membrane associated vesicles found in some forms of photosynthetic bacteria.
Some species can rapidly change colour through mechanisms that translocate pigment and reorient reflective plates within chromatophores. This process, often used as a type of camouflage, is called physiological colour change. Cephalopods such as octopus have complex chromatophore organs controlled by muscles to achieve this, while vertebrates such as chameleons generate a similar effect by cell signaling. Such signals can be hormones or neurotransmitters and may be initiated by changes in mood, temperature, stress or visible changes in local environment.
Unlike cold-blooded animals, mammals and birds have only one class of chromatophore-like cell type: the melanocyte. The cold-blooded equivalent, melanophores, are studied by scientists to understand human disease and used as a tool in drug discovery.tophores are pigment-containing and light-reflecting cells found in amphibians, fish, reptiles, crustaceans, and cephalopods. They are largely responsible for generating skin and eye colour in cold-blooded animals and are generated in the neural crest during embryonic development. Mature chromatophores are grouped into subclasses based on their colour (more properly " hue") under white light: xanthophores (yellow), erythrophores (red), iridophores ( reflective / iridescent), leucophores (white), melanophores (black/brown) and cyanophores (blue). The term can also refer to coloured, membrane associated vesicles found in some forms of photosynthetic bacteria.
Some species can rapidly change colour through mechanisms that translocate pigment and reorient reflective plates within chromatophores. This process, often used as a type of camouflage, is called physiological colour change. Cephalopods such as octopus have complex chromatophore organs controlled by muscles to achieve this, while vertebrates such as chameleons generate a similar effect by cell signaling. Such signals can be hormones or neurotransmitters and may be initiated by changes in mood, temperature, stress or visible changes in local environment.
Unlike cold-blooded animals, mammals and birds have only one class of chromatophore-like cell type: the melanocyte. The cold-blooded equivalent, melanophores, are studied by scientists to understand human disease and used as a tool in drug discovery.

Back