Yamaha Gauge recalibration

bigdogg1

Just wondering if the Yamaha digital fuel gauges can be recalibrate somehow? i.e. enter tank size, amount of fuel put in etc to get a more accurate reading. I recently replaced the sender, stripped back to fresh wire, connected etc and the gauge still reads as one bar when I know the tank is at least 3/4 full. I know that I could have bench tested the wires prior to replacing the sender but it was more important to seal back the fuel tank hole and connect the wiring. Just wanted to know if the gauges need to be recalibrate before I go back and disconnect the wiring etc.

fyi - just heard back from Yamaha that the gauges do not need to be recalibrated so now I will be chasing the wiring back to its beginning

Good luck. Wiring issues are the worst on boats. Let us know what you find.

Oly

fyi - just heard back from Yamaha that the gauges do not need to be recalibrated so now I will be chasing the wiring back to its beginning

Thanks Oly - I am trying to time the work. Here is the greater work that this wiring ties into:

(From another recent post) -

Here is what is presently in the starboard transom stern (Striper 2310 WA):
2 x batteries (cannot get to on until I remove the one in front of it
Battery select switch
Trim Tab reservoir
Line from fuel tank to gas valve
Primer bulb for main motor
A rat's nest of electrical connections direct to battery posts
A trickle charger

My initial plan was to mount a proper Blue Sea buss of some sort to clear off the wires from the batteries but I still do not like the proximity of the fuel lines and bulbs to the batteries. There is really no space in there to simply move the wires or the lines.

So then I thought about moving the batteries to the storage locker directly behind the captain's seat. I wouldd then run a line back to the stern with the buss to collect the electronics there and a better line to the helm to collect the electronics up front. There is space and I believe enough room to consider ventilation etc.

Has anyone with a similar layout done this or are there options I may not have considered?

Thanks

Either remove the primer bulb or just plumb it off the filter and put it closer to main motor in the well. More convenient that way if you need to prime it. On my old Striper the main didn’t have a bulb but I put the one for the kicker where I suggested and was good for the ten years I had the boat.

Thanks RS - the primer bulb for the main comes off the filter. I like your idea of replacing the line and putting the bulb outside in the well (my kicker bulb is there already). Right now the main motor primer bulb is actually just in front of the battery :(

Back