Yamaha F150 blowing white smoke

have you done the initial 25 hr service on it ? if you have not i would get that done by a dealership.
i wouldnt run it further if it had white smoke pouring out. it indicates water getting in somewhere which is bad. best to get it fully checked particularly with that low hour count. a 25 hr service is a good way to get that done. also see if you can buy the extended warranty.

have you done the initial 25 hr service on it ? if you have not i would get that done by a dealership.
i wouldnt run it further if it had white smoke pouring out. it indicates water getting in somewhere which is bad. best to get it fully checked particularly with that low hour count. a 25 hr service is a good way to get that done. also see if you can buy the extended warranty.
The initial 20 hr service was done before I bought it. Have the paper work from that, then I did another one at 50hrs to be on the safe side because I didn't know the mechanic who did the 20hr. The 3 year standard warranty has already expired.. not sure I could still ask to buy the extended warranty?

Thanks guys. I do flush after every use, I bought it with 30 hours on it, so not sure how he took care of it. None of the oil had any water in it when it was drained. I'm pretty sure I have a stuck thermostat as The Telltale never comes up to temperature, and water comes out the exhaust, would this cause the white smoke? I took it for a spin this morning for an hour and a half and it ran fine. And it's weird, it only smokes when I run it in the water, whenever I run it on the muffs there's no smoke or water from the exhaust.
The telltale will never come up to temp. The telltale water supply is tapped off prior to the cooling water going through the block and head, it is then routed through the fuel cooler then out the pisser.

The high pressure relief valve could be stuck open. The valve dumps water when you are turning high rpms and your water pump is pushing more water tban the motor can handle....that is the water you see spitting out the mid section of the leg. If stuck open it will allow water to dump all the time. Easy to fix...usually just a clamp on a hose and a couple of bolts. It is under spring pressure so just hang onto the cover when opening it up to look

The high pressure relief valve could be stuck open. The valve dumps water when you are turning high rpms and your water pump is pushing more water tban the motor can handle....that is the water you see spitting out the mid section of the leg. If stuck open it will allow water to dump all the time. Easy to fix...usually just a clamp on a hose and a couple of bolts. It is under spring pressure so just hang onto the cover when opening it up to look
Ok thanks, that makes sense I'll look into that. Anyone know what this pink wire is, that is cut?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201102-151432_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201102-151432_Gallery.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Had it compression tested today, 150 across all 4 cylinders and plugs looked good. The mechanic thought it was likely just the way the exhaust is coming out in cooler weather like some of you have suggested.
I was going to say that,but I figure I should shut my mouth lol, I started my boat that same morning and it was blowing white smoke, 3 degrees I think it was out that morning

I was going to say that,but I figure I should shut my mouth lol, I started my boat that same morning and it was blowing white smoke, 3 degrees I think it was out that morning
Better safe than sorry? :) I've always been sort of leery of the engine because I never had it mechanically inspected when I bought it, so now I can sleep at night. And @Stizzla doesn't have to hear my anxieties anymore.

Better safe than sorry? :) I've always been sort of leery of the engine because I never had it mechanically inspected when I bought it, so now I can sleep at night. And @Stizzla doesn't have to hear my anxieties anymore.
All good, we all have our oh **** what the hell is going on days,I have a Honda so I get those anxieties hot flash all the time lol

Back