WTT: looking to "downgrade" from T8 power trim/ electric start to T8, T9.9 manual tilt

Matt16

I've got a nice 2009 T8 that runs great, no problems. My Trophy is already stern heavy and a power trim motor hanging on a fixed bracket that holds the motor 2 ft behind the transom is too much weight too far aft. I need to go back to a lighter motor with an adjustable bracket. Note, my boat also has bigger batteries contributing to the weight issue in the stern.

My motor:
-2008 Yamaha T8
-XL shaft
-tiller controls
-power trim
-electric start
-great running condition

Your motor:
-XL shaft
-tiller controls
-manual tilt
-electric start
-great running condition

You gain power trim, I save weight.

PM me.

Last edited:
Hard to believe that few pounds will make much difference to lift the stern, I put 10 15# cannonballs in the bow of my trophy and the Stern came up 3".
go and grab some scabby old sail boat ballast and wrap them in blankets and try it out. just to save you all the rigging etc.

I've got a nice 2009 T8 that runs great, no problems. My Trophy is already stern heavy and a power trim motor hanging on a fixed bracket that holds the motor 2 ft behind the transom is too much weight too far aft. I need to go back to a lighter motor with an adjustable bracket. Note, my boat also has bigger batteries contributing to the weight issue in the stern.

My motor:
-2008 Yamaha T8
-XL shaft
-tiller controls
-power trim
-electric start
-great running condition

Your motor:
-XL shaft
-tiller controls
-manual tilt
-electric start
-great running condition

You gain power trim, I save weight.

PM me.

I had a double eagle that had same problem. Then I found out was waterlogged foam. Not sure about boat construction but always check under the floor if it has foam.

Back