WTB VHF Radio

ExFlyGuy

Any one on the island got one laying around? Doesn't have to be fancy, just has to work in case of a emergency!

Let me know price and location if you got one.

Thanks

I would like it to be fixed, but if nothing comes up I may take you up on it to have something in the boat.

I believe my antena works... I can pick up the weather channels on my existing antena and the signal gets stronger/weaker with it up and down, but I cannot pick up or transmit with my existing VHF.

What make? Cost? Location?

Im just getting back from ucluelet. I'll have a look in my box of spares and confirm what it is. It will be a very good price.

I believe my antena works... I can pick up the weather channels on my existing antena and the signal gets stronger/weaker with it up and down, but I cannot pick up or transmit with my existing VHF.

What make? Cost? Location?
its not your radio it is your antenna most likely.

its not your radio it is your antenna most likely.
X2 beemer. EFG - maybe check the ends of your antenna cable - and buy and install a couple new ends - if not the whole cable. Corrosion decreases the power transmission...

X2 beemer. EFG - maybe check the ends of your antenna cable - and buy and install a couple new ends - if not the whole cable. Corrosion decreases the power transmission...

I ripped out all the cable (coaxial cable from radio to tip of antena) the one connection was shiny as could be and the cable appeared to be in decent shape( exept for a few weather cracks in outer casing). I will replace ASAP and test with my buddy's hand held. I'm still not convinced the radio works and it only goes to channel 40 so I'm still looking for one.

maybe a dumb question, do you have a CB or a VHF radio, CB radios only have 40 channels and some have the weather bands

Turns out it is a CB radio... The good news is I have a brand new antenna installed, so all I need now is a Fixed VHF!

Maybe another dumb question but you installed a VHF antenna for your new VHF radio you're buying, correct? You cannot use a CB antenna for your VHF radio or vise versa.

Maybe another dumb question but you installed a VHF antenna for your new VHF radio you're buying, correct? You cannot use a CB antenna for your VHF radio or vise versa.

I did, picked it up from HC this afternoon.

Thanks for the help guys!

I have a standard Horizon digital DSC. I'm heading over to Nanaimo today in my boat. Send me a text at 778-952-1080 and we'll see if we can meet up

Back