WTB Trailer Bunk “Glides/Pads/Caps”

hippaisland

Looking for a few of those plastic/rubber caps that I can mount on top of my carpeted trailer bunks(2’ length or so). I’d prefer to find a a few smaller ones that have sides that zip right on top of the bunks and space them out versus doing a the entire bunk. It can be a little bit rough sliding the boat on the trailer when it’s time for a hull cleaning. Called highliner and the lady didn’t seem to know what I was talking about...(which I probably don’t). Saw a few on amazon but they look pretty cheap.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Looking for a few of those plastic/rubber caps that I can mount on top of my carpeted trailer bunks(2’ length or so). I’d prefer to find a a few smaller ones that have sides that zip right on top of the bunks and space them out versus doing a the entire bunk. It can be a little bit rough sliding the boat on the trailer when it’s time for a hull cleaning. Called highliner and the lady didn’t seem to know what I was talking about...(which I probably don’t). Saw a few on amazon but they look pretty cheap.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
I think i got mine at monti's boats in duncan years ago..i would imagine any boat and boat trailer supplier would know about them. Maybe harbour chandler in Nanaimo could help.

I just redid x 4 bunks and bought some scrap umhw plastic from Robertson plastics and made my own. It was $50 because the color was gross. I cut them to size and routed the edges. Then countersunk and screwed with stainless. I've used them since, huge improvement over the carpet. Easy to power the boat right to the bow roller but not so slippery that boat slides back off the trailer into the water.
Screenshot_20210614-232833.png

Screenshot_20210614-232845.png

Back