WTB something slightly lighter than a commander 30 and with outboards.

I like the look of these parkers, maybe not fancy enough but huge dance floor.
Too much dance floor.
Axopar aka a face only a mother could love. My buddy sells them and won't shut up about how amazing these things are. His Dad has a 37 and it slices though the slop like crazy and fast too. Still, fugly to me anyway.
Not a chance.
This has the makings of a thread of the year contender...
God I hope not lol.
Would have been a little cheaper to have just done it once but what fun is that. Sorry to rub salt in the wound.
Tough time to be trying to buy a 300k boat for 140k. Great time to buy a 140k boat for 190k....
Good entertainment for everyone. GL
Believe me I thought the exact same thing.
How about the Seasport 32' Cat, would be killer.
I did see them and they're sweet but I assumed would come at a premium.
You can buy mine!!! :p
Why the change
Just tired of being 10k'd to death.

Biggest. Reply. Everrrrrr.

Just tired of being 10k'd to death.

not to be that guy but buying 300k boat for a 100k like buying a 30 k car for 10k and then being surprised when it needs new tires, new breaks, water pump goes, timing belt goes, new o2 sensor, muffler, new springs,shocks, thermostat and
alternator breaks lol.

not to be that guy but buying 300k boat for a 100k like buying a 30 k car for 10k and then being surprised when it needs new tires, new breaks, water pump goes, timing belt goes, new o2 sensor, muffler and alternator breaks lol.
Yeah well live and learn right? Mechanic and surveyor said it was in tip top shape and to be honest the motors run like tops. It's just all the little things that cost a fortune. Add that to a log strike and **** gets real fast. If I stored it on a trailer it would be a different story as well I've learned. I knew I was going to have to do maintenance and I expected things to break but it's just been a little hard to handle lately especially considering how work is going. I love the boat and wish I could be more confident about keeping it long term.

Yeah well live and learn right? Mechanic and surveyor said it was in tip top shape and to be honest the motors run like tops. It's just all the little things that cost a fortune. Add that to a log strike and **** gets real fast. If I stored it on a trailer it would be a different story as well I've learned. I knew I was going to have to do maintenance and I expected things to break but it's just been a little hard to handle lately especially considering how work is going. I love the boat and wish I could be more confident about keeping it long term.

oh i hear yeah I don’t think anyone expected the issues just sucks that they happen. I’m sure under different circumstances you could of had 100k the went the opposite way and has less issue.

although it sounds like you fixed a lot new body new problems lol. Ah man I’m so not helpful

@Rain City might fit the bill...;)
Personally I love it but I think the wife really wants more of the type of setup we have now. Everything up top. We spent a few years in the old bayliner with those kind of living arrangements and it's just not as enjoyable on the longer cruises.

So yeah I'll just put that out there now. No fishing boats with the crammed living below deck.

Personally I love it but I think the wife really wants more of the type of setup we have now. Everything up top. We spent a few years in the old bayliner with those kind of living arrangements and it's just not as enjoyable on the longer cruises.

So yeah I'll just put that out there now. No fishing boats with the crammed living below deck.

That’s fair, makes sense! Good luck on your search buddy.

So what your saying is you want the boat you have now just not the boat you have now but with all the stuff your boat has now.
My vote would be run it until end of the cap fishery( I think that’s the late run in Vancouver)
Have twin 300 or 350 suzuki’s waiting at a shop
Have boat booked in to get pod put on same time will be ready to go by November do some fine tuning yourself
Sell your motors and drives which will recoup quite a bit of money
Podding was the best decision I ever made to my wellcraft it’s not cheap but you can build everything to exactly how you want it and you’ll have brand new power on a solid hull
also id rather see a build thread then have everyone find you another new boat just don’t Snyder us ‍♂️

Buy two double eagle 176’s. You drive one and let your wife drive one. you guys can tie up together when you want to hang out. Hers can have a camper back on it so you can fish in yours and sleep in hers. Sponge baths and bucket for bathroom.

I'll never go back to a trailered boat. I really enjoy being moored for all sorts of reasons.
Maybe consider a boat that has a trailer for the ability to pull it out as you wish, but you’d obviously leave in the water. I agree that being moored has so many benefits, I couldn’t imagine going back to trailering in/out. It’s great to be able to make a split second decision to go fishing, leave the house, and have the lines in the water in less than 30 minutes. I certainly don’t miss the googans at the ramp and the 2 hour post fishing haulout/cleaning/parking ect, painful.

Maybe consider a boat that has a trailer for the ability to pull it out as you wish, but you’d obviously leave in the water. I agree that being moored has so many benefits, I couldn’t imagine going back to trailering in/out. It’s great to be able to make a split second decision to go fishing, leave the house, and have the lines in the water in less than 30 minutes. I certainly don’t miss the googans at the ramp and the 2 hour post fishing haulout/cleaning/parking ect, painful.
Hit the nail on the head there man. And yes if I didn't live in a tiny little house where a trailer would get parked I'd totally consider a trailer ;)

Take a look at the Albin 31 TE. They look sweet and have twin diesels with shafts vs legs . I’m biased but the 26’ Commander would be a better option for outboards than the 30’. The 30’ needs diesels and would probably be a 1 mpg boat with outboards.

Last edited:
Pearson marine has some nice boats available, the 25 Bertram they re did recently was really nice. If I was in the market with that price point I would give them a shout and see if they could help you out or do a trade of some sort.

Back