WTB 10 foot trolling rod, something nicer and unusual

Olde School

I finally bit the bullet and picked up a Hardy Longstone, brand new but old so got a good price.
The problem is that now I need a rod for it.

We currently run Shimano Techniums in 10'6" TC4 construction in the medium heavy - and love the way they feel, especially with a 5" Peetz.
I am thinking of putting the Longstone on one of the Techniums, but the idea of something a bit unusual interests me. For example a Klee Wyck or a Peetz?
Do you have a rod along those lines that you aren't using and thinking of selling?

Thank you.

Olde School.

longstone reel only two options .....lol

lamiglass or the hardy 10' moocher team it up old skool

If you want something different, I have a 10 foot nine weight Sage saltwater fly rod which was custom built by the best rod builder around these part, Andy Sneddon. this rod has never been used but I have used the identical rod as a mooching rod in the past as well as a downrigger rod (with a detachable butt extension) for winter springs.

Nice, a Hardy Longstone! Beauty reel for sure!! Did you buy the one i just sold? Hope you did Olde School. Did you come down to Vic from Nanaimo on Sunday and pick it up off my wife while i was out fishing? I have another mounted on a 10 1/2 ft Lamiglass that is also old but in great shape! Awesome set-up, don't use it all the time as i don't want to put to much wear on it.

wildthing: where would I look for a Hardy moocher?
jimbob: you have my attention, pls pm me your location
Bag-Juan: you are my seller! Man, the Malahat sucks.

hardy moochers are hard to come by ive seen a couple pop up on craigslist I bought my dad a fully restored moocher from a fellow near capilano

10' moochers are hard to find especially in good condition
but are around
certain collectors do jump on them quite quickly so
one that needs a rebuild may be your best option
very nice slow glass action
the 10'-10" are out there as well but the 10' is the one to go for

Hey Olde School, glad you got the reel and hope you get some good use out of it. Good luck finding a decent rod for it, keep looking and something will show up. Hope you are happy with the condition of the reel, i thought it was in pretty mint shape. Sorry i missed meeting you, but you know , when ya gotta go fishing you gotta GO!! Take care Man!!

Hey Olde School, glad you got the reel and hope you get some good use out of it. Good luck finding a decent rod for it, keep looking and something will show up. Hope you are happy with the condition of the reel, i thought it was in pretty mint shape. Sorry i missed meeting you, but you know , when ya gotta go fishing you gotta GO!! Take care Man!!
great reports you are posting! doing a guest stint on a tuna overnighter tonight!!!!!!!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Back