Would the boat...

MongooseX

Boat has single xxx hp outboard with counter rotating leg and correct counter rotating prop.

Would the boat " move"

The same if the leg was standard rotating with standard prop and both pitches were the same.

I think so... just may torque the boat the other way?

Your thinking of running two engines but one not counter rotation? I believe they drive fine just dog walk a little.

If you're only running one engine then there's nothing to counter. It's just running one way or the other with the opposite effects in "torqueing the boat". Yes the boat will move as every boat moves with a properly propped single engine.

Boat has single xxx hp outboard with counter rotating leg and correct counter rotating prop.

Would the boat " move"

The same if the leg was standard rotating with standard prop and both pitches were the same.

I think so... just may torque the boat the other way?

Exactly. I'm running a single counter rotating 300 verado and the only difference is the steering torque is opposite.

I had an 18' weldcraft with a counter rotating df140. Wasn't a problem just don't wreck the prop they are hard to find.

My uncle was sold a counter rotating outboard for his single Hourston, the balance of the boat was off, especially when running light.
He was not told it was cr, it was bad enough that we had to make a stink to get them to correct it.

Exactly. I'm running a single counter rotating 300 verado and the only difference is the steering torque is opposite.

The boat will also walk to the port in forward and starboard in reverse at slower speeds and docking , the reverse of a standard rotation leg and prop. can take some time to get used to if you have always driven a standard single rotation motor.

beemer

Back