Word of advice,my new SUZUKI

Wildwest...you are not alone...I have about 5-10 hours now on my 9.9 Suzuki power tilt 2008 DF9.9 hi-thrust extralong and vibrates like crazy at ANY RPM above idle. I will be discussing with the dealer here in Victoria next week--I don't think I could take the vibration as a regular part of fishing. I also purchased a 2007 DF150 Suzuki at the same time and she's just great!

I have an 08 Yamaha 9.9 HT 4 stroke....only 2 hours on it... and like Rigg Dogg's, its very quiet and runs smoothly right down to idle... haven't had it in cold weather yet, though...

Love my Yamaha's, the 8 hi thrust runs great regardless of temp. weather or speed and my 150 runs so smooth and quiet at one point last year a guy at the dock waws amazed and told me he has never seen a silent motor before! This was while it was warming up a bit, and I generally need to check the tack to see if it is running. Would not trade them for anything!

Kicker checked out OK at 20 hour servicing. Dealer agrees that its vibrating though. They are advising Suzuki rep of issue. In the meantime they will provide 10x7 prop to try (stock size is 10x5)Will update after trying different prop.

Tried a 10 x 7 prop...made no difference in the vibration at all. I've heard of another purchaser with same problem. I understand that the Suzuki rep will be involved this coming week.

i have a suzuki 200 and love it. I wanted to wait for suzuki to bring out a kicker with electric start and tilt so that my motors would match. However after reading this I am glad I bought a yamaha t-8 make them take that piece of s&%$ back and get a good motor.

i have a suzuki 200 and love it. I wanted to wait for suzuki to bring out a kicker with electric start and tilt so that my motors would match. However after reading this I am glad I bought a yamaha t-8 make them take that piece of s&%$ back and get a good motor.

I had the prop de-pitched down to 5 instead of 7,my trolling speed rpm came up just enough to get past the vibation,a few hundred rpm's not too bad to live with...little motor runs great all day long

I had the prop de-pitched down to 5 instead of 7,my trolling speed rpm came up just enough to get past the vibation,a few hundred rpm's not too bad to live with...little motor runs great all day long

I've got a 6 horse and a 115 Suzuki. Have had some minor electrical issues with the 115 but the 6hp vibrates like hell in idle. Can hardly tell the 115 is running. Thought it was the nature of the beast. I've got a welded aluminum, so I get some vibration resonance throughout. Anyone ever rubber mounted engines on aluminum to take the resonance out?

DW

Back