Word of advice,my new SUZUKI

wildwest

The dealer in town says all the 9.9 4 strokes idle like that...THE SUZUKI rep today said..they all vibrate like that near idle.Feels like a washing machine on board.ANYONE OUT THERE OWN ONE THESE..I THINK I MADE A POOR PURCHASE?? oh-oh

if its new, suzuki is a very very good name these days, like all outboards companies which are successful in todays world. If its running really rough, no way is it suppose to be liek that. sounds obvious but maybe check your choke? if not take it back and get it fixed, sounds like maybe your timing or something is off, should be as smooth as anything at idle and you shouldnt even beable to tell if its running.

I have the 15 and idles fine. It vibrates if i have it revved to high for obvious reasons. Both are based on the same core i believe.

Yes, in this day and age I cant see a big company like SUZUKI releasing motors that vibrate so badly at idle,my old 8hp 2stroke MERC ran perfect,but was a bit stinky!!The next step is to de-pitch the prop to bring the rpms up a tad while trolling.I dont believe anyone has ever got refund,or have they??????

You obviously have a problem. Does it vibrtate at idle, or in gear? Both? Or, are you running it on muffs as it will idle rougher with no exhaust back pressure.
If just in gear, you probably have a bent prop.

Friend of mine's got the same problem. Bloody thing is vibrating so bad the hard top is shaking. All the factory is saying is to go flip yourself.
How are you suppose to buy an outboard unless you test it first, I don't know.
Wildwest where are you located?

Hi GYPSEAS,im located in NANAIMO,it vibrates so bad that after 1 hour of trolling ive had enough.As soon as you get up to bit of rpm it smooths right out.otherwise it runs great.

Got a new 2008 Yamaha 9.9 highthrust on my 24' Striper. The 225 is way smoother. I hope it is only due to being new and un broken in.

It was professionally set up . If it continues it will go back to Sherwood

Hello HIGHLIGHTS,if they say something like"THATS NORMAL"they all run like that,whats next...good luck

Hi Wildwest
I have one and after running it for 5 minutes i am ready to dump it overboard. It cause the whole boat the vibrate.At this time i am trying to return it.

Are they that BAD??
A buddy of mine is going to buy one. They just came out with a 6 yr warranty offer on them. He is getting a 15HP Susie. He was going to get the Yamaha till he seen this offer.
Maybe I should tell him to hold off??

Hey Highlights
I have an 07, 9.9 Yamaha. Runs like a SWISS watch!!! Right from NEW. Has about 40 Hrs on it now.
So quiet, most times you can't tell if it's running.
Can be a little hard to start in the cold occasionaly, but by NO MEANS should it be RATTLING so bad that you want to get rid of it.
I am quite sure most of the guys on here would agree with me.
I LOVE it.

I've had one for two seasons and it runs smooth as can be. The only thing it lacks is power trim and I'll be trading it in when Suzuki comes out with that. I have a 140 and 200 as well and am happy with them all.
Bod

HI mlaag,I want my money back too if they cant correct it.3000 bucks is a fair chunk of change.Mine has about 60 hours on it,I WOULD LIKE TO TALK WITH ANYONE THAT HAS ONE WITH THE SAME PROBLEM...call me .....in NANAIMO at 250-616-3838 til 8pm.MORE VOICES ARE BETTER THAN ONE!!

HEY GUYS,the SUZUKI rep is on the island at this moment.Call your dealer to set up to see him,he took a video clip of the problem yesterday..hmm..

I hate to say it but mine is smooth. 2008 Suzuki 9.9 with kicker tilt, alternator, electric start, 25" shaft, etc. I have mine mounted on an OMC heavy bracket on a 2502 older Trophy. Maybe if it was on a lighter boat it might vibrate? Or lighter kicker bracket?

It has a little vibration through the boat when in high throttle, but no more than my 20 horse two stroke or 15 horse 4 stroke Merc I had did. I think you have a bad motor. Mine certainly is not unbearable. I am very pleased with mine. I bought a pair of 175s to go with the new kicker. I would be surprised to hear that Suzuki would not help you as they have an excellent reputation.

Call my buddy Doug, at Performance Marine, in Everett Washington. He is the one installing the motors for them.
Good Luck.
Ron

Shoulda got yourself a Yamaha. I have a 8 horse that runs quiet as an air conditioner and burns .6 litres per hour on the troll. When I start it, I have to put it in gear to make sure it is really running.

just my two cents worth.

Sounds like it could be a spark plug problem. I had a small vibration in my 4 stroke for almost a year and... no one could tell me what it was. Only vibrated in gear at an idle. But when I changed the plugs it went away!

Back