Wood Splitters Dream - Fiskars X27 -

Finished Business

I had to pass along this deal to fellow members. I burn wood for the majority of my heat, I know alot of other guys do.... Using heavy mauls to do the job, I figured I'd try the 6.5 lb Fiskars x27.

I'm not even going to get into it. If you split firewood. Buy this axe. Period. One of the best tools I've ever owned...and I'm a tool maker!

Best price around $40 ....with free shipping.

http://www.amazon.ca/Fiskars-7884-36-Inch-Super-Splitting/dp/B00B9BB83C

Happy Splitting. Cheers.

at a fraction of the cost of a Gransfors, looks the same as "E"

http://www.leevalley.com/en/garden/page.aspx?p=20129&cat=2,44728,45794,20129

I had to pass along this deal to fellow members. I burn wood for the majority of my heat, I know alot of other guys do.... Using heavy mauls to do the job, I figured I'd try the 6.5 lb Fiskars x27.

I'm not even going to get into it. If you split firewood. Buy this axe. Period. One of the best tools I've ever owned...and I'm a tool maker!

Best price around $40 ....with free shipping.

http://www.amazon.ca/Fiskars-7884-36-Inch-Super-Splitting/dp/B00B9BB83C

Happy Splitting. Cheers.

Started using one of these 2 years ago, the best splitter I have ever used. You can swing it for hours and not get tired.One other thing guys, for those of you that split a lot of wood, put a used tire on your splitting block and then put the wood you are splitting in the tire. You will vey rarely bend over to pick up the split wood. I do have a hydraulic log splitter but at times the combination of the fishers maul and the tire trick makes splitting way faster.

dogbreath, the handle is a hollow composite material. I don't think its carbon fibre but i don't think its steel either as the thin wall of steel would buckle at the neck if you over swung ect. The handle itself is incredibly light and durable and the total 6.5 lbs of the axe is basically at the head.
Couple that with the non stick coating and as Robert says, you hardly if at all get tired. And it splits the most stubborn of logs.

Can Tire does have a sale but only $10 off on their reg 69.99 price. So after tax its still $70. From Amazon its to your door for $45.

I just bought the 17' hatchet. Have you tried that one FB? It arrived today from Amazon, and I needed a hatchet so based on your recommendation I decided to get it. It was the same price - $40.

I just bought the 17' hatchet. Have you tried that one FB? It arrived today from Amazon, and I needed a hatchet so based on your recommendation I decided to get it. It was the same price - $40.

I have not, I wanted to buy it but I couldn't bring myself to knowing I could get another x27 for the same price lol. I've never used a hatchet much, just bought a cheapo $12 one that my lady can use for kindling when I'm not home, but I typically use my maul, or now the Fiskars for every task required of an axe. I just can't get over how well it cuts. I plan to buy a second. I don't need it but when looking at value for a buck, that is $40 very well spent IMO.

I selected free delivery. It was here in one day.... They said 8-10 days I think. What a great axe. Laura and I took the most nasty pieces of wood I could find in our pile that had gone un split do to the knots. Split them with ease.... Very Happy.....

Want my old one?

I selected free delivery. It was here in one day.... They said 8-10 days I think. What a great axe. Laura and I took the most nasty pieces of wood I could find in our pile that had gone un split do to the knots. Split them with ease.... Very Happy.....

Want my old one?

Was I lying?? LOL. that axe cuts through just about anything with ease. I still don't know how, but it does.

Good buy!

I does look awesome..... I forwarded to a friend of mine that owns a bobcat business and sells fire wood. He seen it years ago. $20,000 he said......OUCH

Last edited by a moderator:
Back