WOLFS back from island elk hunting!!!!!

wolf

Well it was a great trip saw soooooo many elk was fantastic.
Started out the trip by having coffee and breaky with My Escape at the best place for breaky "The Ideal Cafe"in campbell river on tues the 9th.
Got into sayward early up for a quick pre scout saw 30 or so elk kept looking for 4 days for the monster saw this guy 3 times so we decided to take him but man what a pack out met some GREAT guys from parksville who quaded the thing out for us "THANK GOD" or else I would have been building a fire and cooking some to eat then take out the rest LOL
A really fun trip and we DO live in GODS COUNTRY!!!!!!

Darylandbigboy.jpg

wow.jpg

BIGBOYDOWN.jpg

VanIsdelkhunt2007021.jpg

BIG F*&$%# hill this last pic

No wasnt my tag my partner had the tag we were just being picky thats all wanted a "big henry" just couldnt find him but we were very happy with this one instead !!!!you can shoot any bull just up to you what you want!!!after seeing over 150 elk you need to decide what you want thats for sure!!!

Wolf

Nice bull thats for sure.
More of a work out up hills than reeling in a chinook, eh?;)
Looks like fun until you squeeze the trigger, then the hard work starts.
Good times
vic

This may be a dumb question, but does a big old bull elk
still produce good eating meat ?
i would have thought a smaller animal would be better eating.

Been many years since I hunted in that area , but we took an older bull from there in the mid 70's , the whole animal was like sirloin steak , very good meat !!

AL

Thanks guys it was a blast RS by what I saw the meat had about a 1/2 to an 1 inch of fat on it I think this bull will be great tasting looks great guess its all perception big spring or little spring big bull or little bull LOL ill let you know how it is in about 2 weeks as soon as I butcher it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!C.S. I personally have been putting in for a elk draw for almost 25 years the guys who helped us with our elk it was that guys 3 draw in 6 years WTF good for him just makes me jealous!!!!!!great systeam we have!!!

Wolf

Nice bull. Extreme odds for a draw in southern bc/van isle. Getting a draw is kind of like winning the lottery. Had the sunshine coast elk in my front yard for years when i lived there but have never got lucky with a draw. The ones out of my yard must have had an apple flavor to them. All joking aside elk meat is awesome eating table fare. Congrats.

I know what you mean Wolf. A buddy of mine has been drawn 3 times for Island Elk. He just got one of the 2 draws for the bull elk in Port Renfrew. I just got drawn for the first time ever for a moose (over 10 years). I sometimes wonder if when my number goes in the system at MNR if a alarm bell sounds off somewhere so that someone can pull it out of the computer and throw it in the dumpster. Anyway congrats on your bull. Nice job.

Nice elk!

I was hunting about 2 weeks ago with my buddy his bro and his dad in the mountians around renny. (didnt get anything large) but coming back we decided to stop and fish in a river about 30' wide and about 5 miles up from the ocean. We were there for about 5 mins before my buddy caught a 15lb spring still silver and with sealice still on it, caught right in the mouth. Then we some guy comes down the river in wide canoe with a large black bear in the boat. Turns out he also got 2 deer that couldnt fit in his boat.

Nice elk!

I was hunting about 2 weeks ago with my buddy his bro and his dad in the mountians around renny. (didnt get anything large) but coming back we decided to stop and fish in a river about 30' wide and about 5 miles up from the ocean. We were there for about 5 mins before my buddy caught a 15lb spring still silver and with sealice still on it, caught right in the mouth. Then we some guy comes down the river in wide canoe with a large black bear in the boat. Turns out he also got 2 deer that couldnt fit in his boat.

What a pig wolf... good job man... I hope you enjoy the meat... We just got back from our moose hunt and I will have some pics in a couple days....

What a pig wolf... good job man... I hope you enjoy the meat... We just got back from our moose hunt and I will have some pics in a couple days....

What an incredible lokking animal.
Dad allways talked about how good Elk was and i finaklly got to try it a couple years ago.
He was right,it is the best game i have ever tasted and melts in your mouth.
Congrats on the successfull hunt.

What an incredible lokking animal.
Dad allways talked about how good Elk was and i finaklly got to try it a couple years ago.
He was right,it is the best game i have ever tasted and melts in your mouth.
Congrats on the successfull hunt.

Don't mean to highjack you're thread wolf but here are a few from our moose hunt..

The one bull we did manage..
IMG_1144.jpg

The oldest boys 166, 5x5, whitetail..
IMG_1150.jpg

My little camp set up...
IMG_1143.jpg

Don't mean to highjack you're thread wolf but here are a few from our moose hunt..

The one bull we did manage..
IMG_1144.jpg

The oldest boys 166, 5x5, whitetail..
IMG_1150.jpg

My little camp set up...
IMG_1143.jpg

very nice kill you got wolf and walleyes i always wanted to go hunting but i dont have a gun or my lisence so im stuck to shooting can in my yard with my pellet gun[xx(]

Back