Witnessed something cool yesterday while at the lake

Awesome footage CD! Amazing what we have at our doorstep in BC and Canada as a whole. Sometimes I think we take it for granted.

Awesome footage CD! Amazing what we have at our doorstep in BC and Canada as a whole. Sometimes I think we take it for granted.
I agree totally. I try to spread info through social media to friends/family with pictures or videos etc of our beautiful coast whenever I'm out in it cause it surprises me so often to hear that people that have lived here their whole lives haven't experienced much of what we are so blessed to have. Often when I send pictures to friends/family of wildlife here or just mother nature pics people are shocked and blown away at times that this stuff is here right at our doorsteps 24/7. It's like you say when we live here we can just take it for granted and not get out in it to enjoy it. Personally I haven't vacationed outside of BC for around 10 years now cause any spare time I get I want to get out to spots in BC I haven't seen before. I could never enjoy all the spots here on my list I want to see in one lifetime.

I think we can learn from the encounter on the video.Perhaps the people should have gotten out of the bears way by putting more distance from the bears and let them have safe passage to shore.remember theres not animal problems ,there are people problems.

I think we can learn from the encounter on the video.Perhaps the people should have gotten out of the bears way by putting more distance from the bears and let them have safe passage to shore.remember theres not animal problems ,there are people problems.
Actually completely opposite of what you say happened. There were exactly 6 people there on the waters edge. Me being one of them and the first one to notice the bears. We all gathered in one spot on purpose all telling each other to stay in one spot so the mom could gauge what is going on in shore and to stand still to let her make her plan where she comes to shore. Which she did exactly that. Once on shore not a single person approached her or her cubs. No one followed them. They peacefully gathered themselves once on shore and meandered down the shore line away from where us 6 people stayed the whole time. The one caretaker at the launch fee booth went further to let any new comers to the parking lot to not go further down to the shore cause he knew what was going on with the bears. The bears had a massive safe area for them to come to shore peacefully while feeling no threat to her cubs. Had people been scrambling around from place to place getting pictures/videos etc or trying to flee the area this would have for surely caused stress to the animals.

Back