Winter storage ideas

fish stalker

Well I might have to finally admit I never going to get my other half out to fish this winter and am thinking I should put her away for the winter :(

Old fiberglass with a waterproof top that looks like **** but does seem to keep the water out. It looks like it get super water logged but does dry out. Is it better to tarp it as as well? Tarp trap to much moisture? Im not sure about snow weight and would like to put some 2x4's up in there some how?

What about motor and fluids? Do I have to 'fog' or lube,drain, antifreeze anything up? 90's 70 evinrude

thanks first winter with a boat :eek:

I would change/check the lower unit lube making sure theres no water getting in.
Make sure you put fuel stabilizer in the tank and run some through the motor.
I tarp mine as i have no garage. Don't wrap it up too tight, you want to
make sure there's air flow through the boat or you will end up with mold/mildew problems

i have always fuel starved my motors after stabilizer run through them.new leg oil,,.tarp with an air flow gap between if ya can,, yup, snows a *****. keep it steep. snow slides off.

I have a related question (thanks Stalker for raising it) - I too have been dreaming of a last fish for nearly 3 months, but unless it's sometime this week (and it may be), won't be until next Spring likely. So, I did run my engines dry last time out, but I still have a bunch of 3 month old fuel in the tanks. Didn't put anything special in it yet. Is it too late now? No good? Should I get rid of it and refuel before I go out again, if I do get a chance this week? If so, how do you dispose of a few gallons of gasoline in the Victoria area (over the holidays no less!). Thanks for any thoughts anyone is able to share!

Just keep using it.:)

Agreed...I just put some stabilizer in it and run both the main and the kicker every 2-3 weeks on the earmuffs, unless I am using it. I just make sure that the fuel tank is completely full during the winter months to avoid any moisture issues in the tank.

Back