Winter Springs in the French Creek/Nanaimo Area

Hey LW, there should be fish around. I would try FC, Gerald, Mistaken and Ballenas. Small spoons and hootchys will work and don't be afraid to try some bait. Go right down to bottom in 120 to 200ft. Most will be 20 to 24" but there is always a few bigger ones around.......BRS

Hey BRS, I know the drill, but I was just wondering, as I am in Hawaii until Feb.16.
I`m getting the long distance fishing itch.
Please save some of the bigger ones until February.
Lure-washer

Hawaii, wow I'm sure there are fish around down there. We just got some of the white stuff last night and it's still on the ground. I am boatless now but hopefully I can get out a few times over the Holidays. Hey Kelly are you gonna be around? .........BRS

Hey Greg, with a little snow to shovel it will be good for the upper body devepopement for reeling in all those big winter springs.
Lure-washer

Hey BRS, I know the drill, but I was just wondering, as I am in Hawaii until Feb.16.
I`m getting the long distance fishing itch.
Please save some of the bigger ones until February.
Lure-washer
You're in Hawaii and getting a long distance fishing itch????? Ummmmm,............. That blue stuff allaround you......well........its water and ummmmmmmm.................well..............there are mroe than a few fish in it. :D

Hey Everyone, has anyone ventured out lately? The water has looked pretty nice the last few days. I'm anxious to try some of my new Christmas hooks! Lol. I'm hoping to get out in the next few days. Will report back.

Western Star

We're heading out tomorrow and might drop some lines. Mostly prawning and crabbing but will probably drag some stuff around for a while. Going to the Dingy Dock for a get together around 1:00 pm if your up to it. Nice to get out there instead of sitting around.

Cheers,
Sculpin

Back