Winter Harbour

Ingvar56

I'm new here and just wanted to say I've followed this forum for some time now and find it to be quit informative and Entertaining.
Can't believe how specific some of the guides get with their info,
The wife gets ticked if I give the menu or depth, let alone whereabouts.
Hello to all, I feel like I know some of you. Another Yank here :) but fear not I don't rape or molest the resources, Anyway.. Quatsino-Winter Harbor
Anything going on up at Winter?

The guy in the slip beside me just got back from there 3 days ago.....not a sniff. Nada, nothing....1 snapper....Terry

Campbell River: Ex "Salmon Capital of the World".....I hope not.......Terry

21' Monaro

Hey S-guide,when are you heading up there? Do you report at all during the season? We are going mid July and had a great time last year.

I'm up here now...at the moment fishing out of Hardy as Winter hasn't picked up yet, I'll be out of Hardy for most of the year with my Dad out of the west side starting around mid July when it usually picks up out there.

Went out yesterday and was only 1 shy of limiting out on Springs for our boat...beaty size for this time of the year as well.

Here are 2 of em...

NDFishingJune08-08003.jpg

I don't fish for a living...I live to fish!

I know the guy who bought I believe the marina and everything up there. (I don't recall exactly what all he bought but it was a fair bit of "commercial-type" property)

Just saw a report that he is up there and fishing has been pretty good for him???

Serengeti ~ nice fish! Leave a couple for the rest of us will ya!

Hey I like that strut design on the fish well. Did that come stock with the boat or did you guys install that? I'd like to do the same on my boat so if you have any advice I'd appreciate it!

Thanks!

quote:Originally posted by yammy5

Serengeti ~ nice fish! Leave a couple for the rest of us will ya!

Hey I like that strut design on the fish well. Did that come stock with the boat or did you guys install that? I'd like to do the same on my boat so if you have any advice I'd appreciate it!

Thanks!

I can't promise anything haha :D

It came with the boat actually. But the lining is coming off already...not sure if I should use super glue or what on there? Never had to before..any suggestions Yammy?

And bigred, ya I do reports on fishtactics.com, reelreports, and bcfishingreports.com.

Thanks for the info S-guy and maybe I'll see you next month.Nice fish.Any Halibut off Winter harbour yet? Have the Qualicum Rivers Guys started pounding them yet?

Serengeti, where your rubber seal is coming off you could reattach it with a good bead of sikaflex. Looks like it will need a little cleaning prep first, but it should work. It must be wearing out with all the fish you keep throwing in there! ;)

Bigred - You'll probably see me up here at some point..either myself or my father. What are the exact dates you are up here? Qualicum Rivers just sold actually to a guy from Seattle, Rob doesn't own it anymore but he has to run it for 1 year as part of the deal. They've had a hard year for a couple of reasons and aren't booked till June 29th this year...so they don't start till then. BUt ya, the hali's are out there already for sure.

We just had the head guide and another guide from QR here for beers 4 days ago...so that's how I managed to know that. Great guys, lots of fun.

Sikaflex eh? When I go into town in the next bit I'll have to pick some up. And ya, the hold is abit messy and smelly already...may have to bleach er down first.

Hi David.

Just to set things straight on the rumor going around that we have sold the lodge. It has not been sold and doesn't look like it will be anytime soon. I wish I had a buck for everytime someone comes and looks at purchasing the lodge. I guess I have to give a little talking too those two guides (M&S) about spreading rumors (decrease there beer rations for the summer:D). Both Ken and myself will be up there all summer long and probably will be for the next bunch of years. It is business as usuall, still spending tons of money getting ready this year (new engines, steering, reels, sounders, seats, fishing gear, etc - the list goes on and on and on)[:0] Been very busy since seeing you guys at the Calgary show. Spent 3 months on the road and got back home on Easter Monday. Good to be back on the Island. Hear fishing is starting to pick up on the east side. Not many guys fishing out of the Harbour this last couple of weeks, especially with the weather the way it is. We start fishing on the 20th, so hopefully the weather turns to the summer NW's. Take care and see you guys at the fuel dock LOL.:D

Rob Knutson
Qualicum Rivers Resort Ltd.
Winter Harbour Lodge and Resort Ltd.

Yeah all I meant was that the rubber has some white residue on it and there's probably some residue from the original adhesive on the fish tub door so that all needs to be cleaned off for the sikaflex to stick properly, or else it will just fall off again. That sikaflex is good stuff ~ probably one of the best marine caulking/sealers out there! Anyway, good luck!

Oh ok Rob. My mistake. Don't get them in too much $#!t...I'd hate to be responsible for it. Good to hear you will be keeping it though...nice to see good guys keeping charge over in Winter. If we have time when we are over that way we'll have to stop in and say hi for sure! If you are ever passing through Woss, feel free to stop by. Just ask around where we live...most will know...not a big town haha.

Thanks Yammy...good to know. Love learning things like this as still young and tons to learn. Thanks again!!

Back