Winter Harbour

Heading to Winter Harbour Friday (finally!),
anybody have any recent reports on what's happening where?

thx.
Will post a report when we're back...

Hey Cedarstrip
Just got back from there Sunday it's a little weird there this year it seems like the Marble run is late nothings really happening inside the sound you have to go out to about 450 to get any action and out there I think your hitting migrating fish because the salmon we were catching didn't look like Marble river fish, the lighthouse has been dead for a week. Having said this you might have it timed perfectly because they should show any day.

Well, I guess they hadn't come in yet cause we it wasn't the bloodbath we were hoping for. Mackerel are all over the place.Got a few small Halibut, some nice lingers, lots of Snapper and a few Coho. Nice mix but nothing of any size to brag about.
Did have one very interesting tussle with a good one though. Fought him(her) for half an hour and just as it was starting to move off of the bottom it gave one good shake and broke the 80lb line.
S * * T !!!
She's still out there boys. Go get er!

I hooked into a 5'6" Blue Shark trolling 175' in 435" of water on the 9th of this month. It took me half an hour to get it to the boat, Had it by the lip with the trailing hook, I cut leader between the two hooks to release it. The colour was a briliant blue (like a blue tarp colour)the belly was snow white and lots of TEETH ! After that I've heard of several people catching them this year.

I hooked into a 5'6" Blue Shark trolling 175' in 435" of water on the 9th of this month. It took me half an hour to get it to the boat, Had it by the lip with the trailing hook, I cut leader between the two hooks to release it. The colour was a briliant blue (like a blue tarp colour)the belly was snow white and lots of TEETH ! After that I've heard of several people catching them this year.

Back from a four day stint from hell.Here is a synopsis:
1)Four hours into the drive tuesday I realize I forgot the campstove
2)Six hours into the drive my buddy realizes he forgot the anchor
3)eight hours into the drive the weather is so bad we dont want to get out of the truck.(did I mention we were tenting it?)
4)Good fortune at last!Caught up with Corey from Coreys fishing Charters(an old friend from school)and he put us up for the night.God bless him!

Three days of rain and wind followed and no springs!Cliff pt,Kains,Grant Bay,Lippy,etc,etc held nothing.Managed to hit a run of coho at Gillam the first day
Even tried seven miles out 140-180ft deep-nada.
End of august and no fish inside?Very disappointing!
Fishing aside,Quatsino is a beautiful place and we both enjoyed the peace and quiet,the wildlife and the wilderness that is the west coast!
Hooch

P.S.-Next year I think we'll go back to Nitinat-less driving!

Where is that Marble river run? looks like a real dissapointing return for that system, I was there a couple weeks ago and they weren't there yet and they hadn't been through the inside yet, are they still coming hope so but I doubt it.

Back