WILD SALMON ALLIANCE: ELECTION

Little Hawk

Howdy,

It is with a heavy heart but also a high degree of optimism that I'm announcing that I'm stepping down as President of the WSA. Personal & business commitments won't afford me the time to do a proper job of it. As I will NEVER abandon the fight for the welfare of Pacific Salmon, I am prepared to remain on board as a Founding Director and will help out where and when I can until and unless I'm voted out.

After a brief discussion with the current Directors we are in agreement that there are basically two choices:

1) Shut it down.

2) Find another leader who is passionate and enthusiastic about the welfare of Pacific Salmon who would pick up the ball and run with it.

Since I have put much into this outfit - a lot of time and a chunk of my own change - I have decided to put it out there to find a new leader who might breath some much needed life into this outfit. Since the WSA was born right here amongst great encouragement and fan-fare on this SFBC forum, I thought it only proper that it should be right here also amongst all you good people - save the two or three salmon-farmers lurking here - that a new leader might be chosen. I will leave this here for 7-days before looking outside the SFBC Community.

So, there it is. NOMINEES PLEASE!

All nominees will be left on this thread for all to see. Eligibility will not be encumbered by race, nationality, gender, or profession. After one week, if there are no candidates I'll look elsewhere. The 5 existing Directors must approve (majority) of the nomination.

<center> ***</center>

Organization status:

Name: Canadian Wild Salmon Alliance Society

The WSA is legally incorporated non-profit with 5-Directors and a constitution/bylaws. In order to maintain our 'society' status we must have an AGM - ASAP! At this AGM it is likely that 4 new Directors will need to be elected.

The WSA has a bank-account.

The WSA has a website (w/domain name) that is currently under 30-day notice/suspension for renewal payment. I'm not paying for it alone this time around.

<center>***</center>

In closing, there is great opportunity here for some dynamic individuals to step-up and further this vital cause. I have laid a good foundation for this organization, but now it is time to step aside and get help to make it into a force to be reckoned with in the ongoing battle for the welfare of our Great Fishes.

Thank you all for your time and trouble!

Standing for Wild Salmon,

Terry Anderson

"Some could care less if there's any fish left for our kids!"

Thanks Guys.

The website is not a major concern for me. Our webmaster is still on board and works for free. The problem I have is it seems I'm the one who's paying for it all whenever 'expenses' arise. That said, I have not forgotten 'the few' who contributed to the Election Ad campaign when I did what I could to try get Campbell's sorry butt kicked out.

So many of us talk & whine of the serious issues affecting Pacific salmon - corrupt inept government, habitat destruction, fish-farming etc. - but in the end when parade-day finally arrives, few show.

This I have learned in 10-yrs of fighting the fish-farmers and my own sad-sack government who are in bed with them.

Again, I thank the two of you who were kind enough to try to take some of the sting out of being ignored.

Thanks Guys.

The website is not a major concern for me. Our webmaster is still on board and works for free. The problem I have is it seems I'm the one who's paying for it all whenever 'expenses' arise. That said, I have not forgotten 'the few' who contributed to the Election Ad campaign when I did what I could to try get Campbell's sorry butt kicked out.

So many of us talk & whine of the serious issues affecting Pacific salmon - corrupt inept government, habitat destruction, fish-farming etc. - but in the end when parade-day finally arrives, few show.

This I have learned in 10-yrs of fighting the fish-farmers and my own sad-sack government who are in bed with them.

Again, I thank the two of you who were kind enough to try to take some of the sting out of being ignored.

Thanks Robert for the kind words.

Little hawk
Assuming you and some of the other directors were willing to stay or others could be found, what would be the minimum amount of money needed to maintain your domain name, bank fees and non profit status for the year?
What would be the minimum amount you would like to have for the year to support low cost lobby efforts on behalf of wild salmon?

RF:

I used Telus webhosting and they charge $25/yr to maintain your domain name. As I mentioned previously, our webmaster , Karen Jones (daughter of the late GREAT Bob Jones) maintains/updates the website Au-gratis at this time; it's her way of contributing to the cause.

Our society needs only to conduct one AGM per year to remain solvent. If I'm not mistaken that's the only requirement from the Province.

Our bank account is the same as most but since it's with Coast Capital there are little or no fees.

Hope this answers your questions.

I would like to thank-you for heading this up all this time.

Volunteer work is tough, thanks for getting the issue out there.

Hopefully someone will come forward with your same passion for our salmon.

Lets not give up everyone, there has to be a loquacious one amongst us all that can hammer our point home with the Gov. and the media.

If we need a grub stake sell us all some very expensive T-shirts with the WSA logo on them.

Thanks for your efforts Terry

Simon

I am not in a position to be a director at this time but I am prepared to pledge $30.00 conditional on the society continuing for another year. Perhaps some others would be prepared to do the same. I suspect the guides could even write it off. I don’t think any of us want to see the 2027 JDF Derby won by a 6 lb Pink or an extra special dogfish.

I would also be interested in information on the volunteer hatchery program in the Greater Victoria/Sooke area.

Here you go--- http://www.conservationconnection.bc.ca/view_groups.php?customer_id=91

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Back