Why buy from a reputable manufacturer and how to deal with them when things go wrong

kaelc

I’m sure it’s not just catamarans but there seems to be a lot of issues with them and this guy has used YouTube successfully to get the attention of the company that bought the manufacture of what he claims is a lemon. Might be useful for others who buy a boat that doesn’t love up to the manufactures promises at todays insane prices

That is an awful story. His dream turned into a never ending nightmare by shoddy business practices. I wouldn’t be surprised if the company went as far as repairing the boat after he returned it and selling it on to another client, all while holding onto his money.

That is an awful story. His dream turned into a never ending nightmare by shoddy business practices. I wouldn’t be surprised if the company went as far as repairing the boat after he returned it and selling it on to another client, all while holding onto his money.
He’s in talks with the new company thanks to this video, who claims not to have the hull. The liquidator of the old company seems to still have it. Pretty frustrating, but a good lesson for paying for a good builder for a new boat or paying for a good used boat!

Tragic story!

My neighbour, at our Marina, had their 42 foot boat custom built in Finland. He and his wife attended the yard daily, for six months. He was welcomed and later, felt that their boat was extremely well constructed. After 2 years, no warranty issues. If you can afford the custom boat, perhaps the added cost of being there, to observe the construction, is well worth it.

Makes me think of the boat that somebody on the forum had built up in CR. He messed up the side height and self bailing, I think, and built a new boat for him. That's how you want to be thought of in your business, as being stand up person that still believes in the value of a handshake.

Back