Who will I see?????

I want to be there but the boss enrolled me in a course that weekend. Just what I wanted to do, go to a public speaking course for three days, not my idea of fun.

I would like to head up, coming from Victoria. Anyone else want to share the ride? Cost isn't a big deal, just seems silly for a bunch of us Victoria people to all drive up by ourselves! I don't mind driving, can take up to 4 others. Send me an email to mr.danielbond@gmail.com to arrange details.

Just a reminder that this Saturday Sept 27th is the end to the 2014 SFBC Derby :)

First let me say Thank You to everyone for making this such a success.

This Saturday morning many members will be setting up a Meet & Greet/BBQ/Awards Party at Bowen Park in Nanaimo on Bowen Rd. 12 noon to finalize the end of the 2014 SFBC Fishing Derby. We have over $15,000 in prizes the have been donated by many retailers and business to be given away.

There is going to be a by donation BBQ(handmade bugers, smokies, sausages, many assorted beverages and a beautiful cake) a 50/50 draw and a raffle this is open to absolutely everyone whether you entered in this years derby or not.

Every entrant of the 2014 Fishing Derby will be given a ticket as they check in giving them a opportunity to take home some of the awesome prizes from our prize tables. Be sure to write your name on the back side of the ticket you will be given.

There will be name tags that I hope people will wear showing their username so we will know who you are, lurkers included :)

This is open to every one and is family friendly. There is a play ground close by and a duck pond. So bring a friend, family member, fishing buddy and have a relaxing afternoon well supporting Little River Enhancemnt Socitey.

See you there,

Unfortunately I am booked for a course this weekend so won't be able to make it. Sounds like a lot of fun. In my place I'm sending with a fellow forum member some fresh Sitka Sandlances in some colour combos that have proved very productive this summer and a custom painted tomic plug(glow blank, glow and UV paint). And a 24kt gold plated sandlance.

IMG_3768.jpgIMG_3769.jpgimage.jpg

Well if Andrew P is sending his Sandlance spoons, then I'll get up there for sure! :) Actually, I just went and picked up one of his spoons last week, am itching to get out and try it. However, as I entered the SFBC derby for the summer, and my son's hockey schedule for the weekend is now out and will allow a road trip, I'm really itching to meet other members up in Nanaimo with my whole family on Saturday, looking forward to it. See you then.

I am getting there feeling there will be handful of us south island guys there.... Come on guys show up for good cause....

Last edited by a moderator:
I was looking forward to this event and was hoping to come home with a prize, but my wife is having surgery this day and I need to stick around to help her and take care of our toddler. Really hope none of my fish hit the hidden weight prize.

Next year.

I am sorry I cannot make it to come to see everyone. I had a bad day in the morning :( I hope everyone have a blast time, meeting new people and lot of fun.

Next year, I would like to come back again.

Back