Who gets your vote in the upcoming Federal Election?

Who gets your vote in the upcoming Federal Election considering sport fishing?

• Liberals

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Conservatives

Votes: 81 70.4%
  • NDP

Votes: 23 20.0%
  • Greens

Votes: 6 5.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lets hope the Nanaimo candidate for Conservatives holds a seat, and beats NDP. That will at least give us a voice locally on VI on fisheries with Erin O'toole.

I would also say that Alistair Langford/Malahat NDP is good to have, and glad he was re-elected.

Spent the night picking up lifejackets for the kids, glad I didn't much time on the hollow speeches, just caught O'Toole firey speech to stay as leader. All three main party leaders failed to make any gains so should be scared for their jobs. Time to join a party and press the leader hard and eventually do the equivalent of what they do in the US, make your local mp scared of be "primaried". Not an easy thing to achieve but it maybe easier to get new leaders of a party than change the parties in power. I think we will have minority elections going forward with the rise of PPC and the Greens not going away. Here's how local MP's get appointed https://www.samaracanada.com/docs/d...avours-by-the-samara-centre-for-democracy.pdf

I'm going after individual MP through growing provincial and major city facebook groups to push change. On the island let's give some friendly pressure to your new MP, with election cycles compressing you can be the squeaky wheel that gets the grease.

Fish farms won't be an issue now as our rivers will be netted to extinction with the Liberals getting back in. Say goodbye to hunting as well..

Going to remind everyone, this is for fisheries related conversation only. Not getting into a big, general discussion about politics here.

Back