Which is the best Spring Salmon rod?

Convergence are nice, but I find them too light for fishing the west coast highway. My Lami's are the ticket, lots of backbone for popping off the DR, yet a nice balance tip for feel and flex for fighting fish.

Cheers

SS

3 tyees came off my HMX 10' 6" this year. Loved every second of the fight with the lighter style rod. My Shimano TDR is bulletproof though, dont think I could break it if I tried, but it is a heavier rod.Both are quite reasonably priced.
As far as the best, the 12' Sage that I used at WCFC was absolutely dreamy!

I have 2 Shimano Techniums and they are excellent rods, tough, light and responsive. The only rod better IMO would be a G. Loomis moocher

Most of you mention 10'6" rods. I use a 9' as I fish a lot by myself (no friends,lol) and find it easier to net. I have been using fairly cheap rods but am going to move to either the Trophy xl or convergence. Do they come in 9'? Does the Trophy have a lifetime warranty?

Most of you mention 10'6" rods. I use a 9' as I fish a lot by myself (no friends,lol) and find it easier to net. I have been using fairly cheap rods but am going to move to either the Trophy xl..... Do they come in 9'?
According to Redl's site Yes they do although getting one this late in the season may be problematic.

Trophy XL Salt Water E-Glass Series Rods

Our TSS590MHC model, is a 9 foot medium/heavy action Downrigger rod and our TSS595MHC model is 9'6" medium/ heavy action rod. Both rods are constructed with fiberglass using modern rod building techniques and are extremely tough and durable.

S.I.C. casting guides
Down locking graphite reel seats
Cork handle
Rubber butt cap
MODEL LENGTH PIECES LINE FISHING STYLE MSRP
TSS590MHC 9’ 2 5-25lbs DOWN RIGGER $73.99
TSS595MHC 9’6" 2 5-25lbs DOWN RIGGER $73.99

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If it's a 9' rod you want have a look @ these fibreglass models from Lamiglas-tough, cheap, perfect size for solo fishing.

http://www.anglersworkshop.com/items.aspx?catid=2157

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of you mention 10'6" rods. I use a 9' as I fish a lot by myself (no friends,lol) and find it easier to net. I have been using fairly cheap rods but am going to move to either the Trophy xl or convergence. Do they come in 9'? Does the Trophy have a lifetime warranty?

Hey Merritboy...........I used 9' Lami's for the last 5 seasons and really liked them. I upgraded my reels to Islanders this year and bought a couple of Fenwick HMX 1265's to try the longer rods out. I have to admit that I was a little worried about the longer rod while fishing alone as well. I had at least a dozen solo days out this year summer and have to admit the longer rods were nice and not a problem at all. Don't get me wrong .....I still like more expensive Lami's but I think I will have to get a couple in a 10'6" model next summer. Here is a shot of the first Spring to be nabbed by the new set up and one of the rod hard at work! lol Lots of good rods out there and lots of opinions for sure. Good luck!

Attachments

• 1stSpring.jpg
    1stSpring.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 194
  • New Gear.jpg
    New Gear.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 240
Back