Which Boat?

cymru

Does anyone have a favorite or recommended older 24-27ft sport fisher model? I will be using it on the Pacific NW coast year round, prefer twin outboards and at least modest accommodation (an enclosed head?). In any case, seaworthiness out ranks luxury. I am looking for an older boat since my budget is tight.
Thanks for your thoughts.

I think a lot of boats could fall into what you are looking for. But without knowing your exact budget it is tough to sayexactly. I would just scour all of the craigslist/kijijii/buysell etc....The twin outboards will up the price vs an inboard outboard, but i like the twins better myself for sure. Also check out the US market if you are wanting/able to buy across the border. I am sure you could save some pennies by buying from our neighbours to the south. I will keep my eyes open as and send you some links if I find any....Also send me a private message (if you want) with your budget as so I know what ads to send you. As you can see I am a boat junkie and look constantly even though I am not currently buying lol.

Just a note for anyone considering this, my budget hits the ceiling a bit before $15 000, which does make the US a better prospect.

Just a note for anyone considering this, my budget hits the ceiling a bit before $15 000, which does make the US a better prospect.

At that budget you are looking pretty exclusively at Trophys if you want those features and twins. And any boat that size with twin power at that price is going to need a lot of maintenance so be prepared for that.

With older trophys, check the through hull connections and live-well plumbing etc for leaks. That was a known issue on some. Also do not buy Force outboards. They are on a lot of older trophys and are not a good choice for many reasons.

Good luck on your search..I wish I had a 15k budget for a new boat..though I'd be looking for something smaller with a single main and kicker at that price range.

Cheers

Although it is not my first choice, if someone has a favorite or recommended 24ft single inboard, I would be interested for comparison.

Single main and a kicker, newer is better than two older outboards for sure, price will be cheaper and you need a kicker for trolling and saving lots on fuel.

Grady White Express 265 is what I run. Love my boat! As far as I'm concerned it is the best off shore boat going. Big azz boat that takes the water. You won't get there fast unless you want to burn a lot of gas, but it will be a comfortable ride and stable boat to fish from. Very comfortable to sleep on, and if you have shore power you will have a HOT shower. Its larger than some of the boats others might like, but anything under 24 feet in my opinion for off shore will be a bumpy ride. Fat bottom girls make the rockin world go around! That said, if you aren't planning on going off shore, stick with the 24 and under boats. Way cheaper to run.

He has a budget of 15k so I think your ride searun is out of the question for the next 25years.

That's not even one engine on my boat. He was talking twin engine 27 foot boat. You don't get there on $15K.

The Tiara is a solid boat. Second is the Grady. Prolines are nice, but I don't like inboards, especially if there was any submersion - watch for hurricane boats!!! Watch the older boats for stringers (wood rot) and gas tanks that need replacing. The Grady I would also watch the transom - wood rot. Best to hire a qualified Marine Surveyor and request testing for that wood rot. I have purchased 2 boats from the US, sight unseen and hired surveyor in both situations with good result. The old Evinrudes are good, but they like fuel/oil. Be prepared to replace them in a few years - that will cost you at least $40K if you buy new 4 strokes.

You have to be very careful with Florida boats. They are lits that are damage but hurricane. Plus your looking at 3 to 5k shipping. I would look on the pacific coast first California has some great deals. That Grady with those twin 2stroes are going to burn a ton of fuel. With your price range sticking with a single screw will get you more boat.

Back