Where we buying checker plate

Can go to consolidated coatings in delta and get what's call griptex. It's a non skid paint that is extremely durable. Can buy their primer also. Its money.

If you go bigger that 2x2 on a 3/16 piece of aluminum it will need flatbar welded on edge underneath as it will be a tad flimsy. Either way I would stick with checkerplate and non skid it if needed.

My 2c

Would not use checker plate personally, it’s hot in the sun very reflective and imo not the best material for the job as it can get quite slick. Make a piece from ply, pre drill your holes seal properly and finish up the same as the rest of your floor but that’s just my opinion..
I agree greasy checker plate is like ball bearings.

I can take a picture of the underside of my checkerplate deck hatch for you tomorrow if you like mine might be overkill but it doesn’t move

Looking for places in South Island only guys. Found a guy an Saanichton to 225+ tax for 2 1/2 wide 6 feet long 1/4 thick. Unfortunately I have nothing to base that price on good or bad?

Too expensive my friend. Just comparing 4' x 8' 5052 x 1/4" is $250.00. That is low volume price as I don't order the aluminum in a high volume lately.

You can ask Island Metal Craft. They carry some old stock of Samuel's old inventory. It wasn't marked up that bad. They helped me out in a bind. They are located Vic West by bridge.

Cascadia pretty much dominates the island for metal since Samuel closed down eh Victoria location. You could order directly from them but they bring it in B train 3 times a week mainland, so it's a bit of nightmare for small orders.

Back